Noun(1) the act of forcibly dispossessing an owner of property(2) a process whereby a star or planet holds an object in its gravitational field(3) any process in which an atomic or nuclear system acquires an additional particle(4) the act of taking of a person by force(5) the removal of an opponent's piece from the chess board
Verb(1) succeed in representing or expressing something intangible(2) attract; cause to be enamored(3) succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase(4) bring about the capture of an elementary particle or celestial body and causing it enter a new orbit(5) take possession of by force, as after an invasion(6) capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping
(1) The opposition is closed down by capture , arrest, and prison.(2) Version 2.0 allows users to capture customer e-mail stored in corporate mailboxes in addition to submissions from the Web.(3) The Sub-Standard uses words and pictures to capture the essence of London's worst August storms ever.(4) the player was a Ôö¼├║2,200 capture from another team(5) If you think words can't capture your emotions then you can record your voice and e-mail it.(6) That's why this arrest and this capture is so doggone important.(7) these allow users to capture, edit, and display geographic data(8) Methods of capture are often violent and many animals are accidentally killed in the process or die in transport.(9) Not until the ambient temperature in the expanding universe had cooled from trillions down to about 3,000 degrees Kelvin did the nuclei capture electrons.(10) Sensitive detectors can track the alpha particles produced and capture the two photons that are produced when the pion subsequently decays.(11) Arduus weighed his options - he could easily capture the piece with his, but the game would end in a tie, and he hated loose ends.(12) This would spread fear through the region, making capture of further cities easier.(13) Like Tryon's French scene, DeCora's picture is designed to capture a mood rather than illustrate an event.(14) The paper said security forces were unable to capture the assailants but managed to recover abandoned weapons and military uniforms.(15) In exemplary fashion, he resisted every effort by the enemy to make his capture and imprisonment work to their advantage.(16) In times gone by, when an opponent sacrificed a piece to launch an attack, it was considered dishonorable not to capture the sacrificed piece.
(1) to capture :: upang makunan
(2) screen capture :: screen capture
(3) data capture :: data capture
(4) motion capture :: motion capture
(5) capture image :: Nakuhanan ng larawan
1. arrest ::
2. seizure ::
3. catch ::
4. occupy ::
5. express ::
6. engage ::
7. conquer ::
1. captor ::
capture, captured, captures, capturing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I CAPTURE your pope
and release the swarm.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
to CAPTURE the mutineers holed up there
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4
gather some knowledge.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
Your brother would never have
submitted to CAPTURE so meekly.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
Ten million euros for any information
that helps CAPTURE the Professor
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 7
English to Filipino Dictionary: capture
Meaning and definitions of capture, translation in Filipino
language for capture with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of capture in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'capture'
What capture means in Filipino, capture meaning
in Filipino, capture
definition, examples and pronunciation
of capture in Filipino language.