Noun(1) any person in the armed services who holds a position of authority or command(2) someone who is appointed or elected to an office and who holds a position of trust(3) a member of a police force(4) a person authorized to serve in a position of authority on a vessel
Verb(1) direct or command as an officer
(1) Our system ordinarily reserves that function to the judicial officer hearing the merits of the matter.(2) he showed his passport to an immigration officer(3) a probation officer(4) They are interrupted by a knock on the door and Val is horrified to find a bailiff officer on her doorstep.(5) She said the Minister appointed the chief executive officer of the authority last week.(6) a chief executive officer(7) He was commissioned as an armor officer in 1991 from Niagara University.(8) The General was commissioned as an Infantry officer from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.(9) He followed the officer inside the cold police station.(10) It is also an offence to make false representation to an immigration officer .(11) An officer of the Order of Canada, he received a distinguished service award from the Canadian Society for Nutritional Sciences in 1990.(12) uniformed officer(13) The university relations officer works to represent students on all matters pertaining to governance of the university.(14) The Applicant was represented by an officer of his trade union.(15) But the retired army warrant officer said it's not good enough.(16) A creditor cannot come after an officer , director or shareholder to satisfy the obligations of the corporation.
(1) police officer :: pulis
(2) chief executive officer :: chief executive officer
(3) customs officer :: adwanero
(4) chief financial officer :: Chief Financial Officer
(5) security officer :: opisyal ng seguridad
(6) immigration officer :: opisyal ng imigrasyon
(7) safety officer :: safety officer
(8) chief officer :: chief officer
(9) chief operating officer :: chief operating officer
(10) probation officer :: opisyal ng probasyon
1. military officer ::
opisyal ng militar
2. police officer ::
3. official ::
4. representative ::
5. officeholder ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
No. He was a police OFFICER,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
Oh, thank you, OFFICER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
We could use an OFFICER with
knowledge of the city's defenses.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
Dear Lord, a police OFFICER
is glancing in our direction.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
It doesn’t have to be a police OFFICER.
A lot of people come in and out of here.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
English to Filipino Dictionary: officer
Meaning and definitions of officer, translation in Filipino
language for officer with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of officer in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'officer'
What officer means in Filipino, officer meaning
in Filipino, officer
definition, examples and pronunciation
of officer in Filipino language.