kaugnay, pamanggit, kaukulan, tungkol sa, nababagay sa, bagay sa, kani-kanyaanak, kaanak, hilagyo, hinlog, kamag-anak
Noun(1) a person related by blood or marriage(2) an animal or plant that bears a relationship to another (as related by common descent or by membership in the same genus
Adjective(1) estimated by comparison; not absolute or complete(2) properly related in size or degree or other measurable characteristics; usually followed by `to'
(1) Tequila is not made from cactus, but from the agave plant, a relative of the aloe.(2) As a first step in cost-effectiveness analyses, there must be evidence regarding the relative effectiveness of the treatment options being considered.(3) There are two uncontroversial semantically-relevant distinctions between that and which in relative clauses in standard English.(4) The key of the second group is usually the dominant for movements in the major and the relative major for movements in the minor, though other keys may be used.(5) In all of the above cases the question of relative rank was irrelevant to the question of a legal marriage, but both parties did admit a disparity.(6) The unnamed new species of fish is a smaller relative of the candiru, which is well known in the Amazon as a danger to people who go into the water.(7) Both have missed out the relative pronoun ├ö├ç├┐that├ö├ç├û.(8) Of the two the Byzantine was nearer to the classical tradition, for it broadly recognized the articulation of the limbs and their relative proportions in nature.(9) Young mothers struggle alone to bring up a growing proportion of children in relative poverty and more and more old people live out their days in uncared-for solitude.(10) The last 20 years have seen a change in the relative efficiency and effectiveness of multilateral and bilateral aid.(11) All manner of other financial assets, especially the more exotic ones, have reached new highs in price and lows in absolute or relative yield in recent weeks.(12) A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine claimed that the disease is a mutant relative of the common cold.(13) A contrast of personal and non-personal is also found with the relative pronouns who/whom versus which.(14) Zinc-responsive dermatosis is an uncommon disease of dogs resulting from either an absolute or relative deficiency in zinc.(15) Of course, that's in relative risk, not absolute risk.(16) The premise is that the major key always prevails and all minor keys should be sung in terms of the relative major.
(1) relative clause :: kamag-anak sugnay
(2) relative to :: may kaugnayan sa
(3) relative pronoun :: kamag-anak panghalip
(4) relative humidity :: kamag-anak halumigmig
(5) relative pronouns :: kamag-anak pronouns
(6) blood relative :: kamag-anak sa dugo
(7) distant relative :: malayong kamag-anak
(8) close relative :: malapit na kamag-anak
(9) relative density :: kamag-anak density
(10) relative motion :: kamag-anak paggalaw
1. comparative ::
2. proportionate ::
3. moderate ::
4. proportional ::
5. relation ::
6. congener ::
relative, relatively, relatives
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...no animal exceeds the RELATIVE
fighting strength of the army ant.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
She's Arya's last living
RELATIVE with money.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
...caused by RELATIVE motion between
the source of the wave and the observer.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
I was speaking in RELATIVE terms.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 2
Every family in America has a RELATIVE...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 10
English to Filipino Dictionary: relative
Meaning and definitions of relative, translation in Filipino language for relative with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of relative in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "relative"
What relative means in Filipino, relative meaning in Filipino, relative definition, examples and pronunciation of relative in Filipino language.