presyon, presyur, panggigipit, pamimilit, puwersa, kagipitan, lakas, hirap, pamumuwersa, kahirapan, paghihirap, tindi, kapangyarihan, pagkagipit, pagpigipit, pigapit, mahigpit na pangangailangan
Noun(1) the force applied to a unit area of surface; measured in pascals (SI unit, cgs unit(2) a force that compels(3) the act of pressing; the exertion of pressure(4) the state of demanding notice or attention(5) the somatic sensation that results from applying force to an area of skin(6) an oppressive condition of physical or mental or social or economic distress(7) the pressure exerted by the atmosphere
Verb(1) to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means(2) exert pressure on someone through threats
(1) One girl liked to be held down while she was kissed, so there was always a lot of physical pressure on the kiss itself.(2) backbenchers put pressure on the government to provide safeguards(3) That way this self-contained unit will not put pressure on resources in towns and cities.(4) the gate was buckling under the pressure of the crowd outside(5) Tougher penalties for people-smugglers implement a six point plan to put downward pressure on petrol prices.(6) Already we are seeing downward pressure on both the US dollar and local currency interest rates across the Middle East.(7) He blames the UW administration and government pressure for the increase in students.(8) I felt an enormous sense of pressure to do that, but I didn't know if I would be able to.(9) But it took much in the way of arm-twisting and political pressure to get them to agree to the trip.(10) Nursing and support staff do a wonderful job but are constantly under pressure from ever dwindling resources.(11) The electrons exert a pressure on the ions just like an ideal gas exerts pressure on the walls of a confining box.(12) Continuous negative pressure applied to a wound is now an established method for managing patients' wounds in hospital.(13) However, the big question is: who should pay for it, at a time when there is already great pressure on police resources?(14) Although the French nation was being created in a civic sense, little pressure was felt in the short term to make all citizens speak the same language.(15) gas can be fed to the turbines at a pressure of around 250 psi(16) it might now be possible to pressure him into resigning
(1) blood pressure :: presyon ng dugo
(2) under pressure :: nahihirapan
(3) peer pressure :: peer presyon
(4) pressure gauge :: panukat ng presyon
(5) high blood pressure :: altapresyon
(6) pressure drop :: presyon ng drop
(7) high pressure :: mataas na presyon
(8) air pressure :: air presyon
(9) pressure group :: presyon ng grupo
1. physical force ::
pisikal na lakas
2. coercion ::
3. strain ::
4. pressing ::
5. pressure sensation ::
presyon ng pang-amoy
6. insistency ::
7. pressure level ::
presyon ng antas ng
8. atmospheric pressure ::
9. coerce ::
10. blackmail ::
pangunguwalta sa pamamagitan ng pananakot
pressure, pressured, pressures, pressuring
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
We're going to inject gas
at an extraordinary PRESSURE.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
Six strangers, that's a lot of PRESSURE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
if I can beat my high score
on the blood PRESSURE machine.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 18
Howard, I'm so sorry your
blood PRESSURE was off the charts.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 16
English to Filipino Dictionary: pressure
Meaning and definitions of pressure, translation in Filipino language for pressure with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pressure in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "pressure"
What pressure means in Filipino, pressure meaning in Filipino, pressure definition, examples and pronunciation of pressure in Filipino language.