luma, matanda, dati, unang panahon, luma na, makaluma, laon, datihan, sanay, matagal na, nakaraang panahon, lumipas na panahon, makhang matanda na, makhang may edad na
- lumamas matandapinakamatandamatanda-tandakatandaan
Noun(1) past times (especially in the phrase `in days of old'
Adjective(1) (used especially of persons(2) of long duration; not new(3) (used for emphasis(4) skilled through long experience(5) belonging to some prior time(6) very good(7) of a very early stage in development(8) just preceding something else in time or order
(1) he's old enough to be her father(2) Those who yearn for the good old warehouse days are going to appreciate the jazzy, ambient vibe.(3) I rode him first at Punchestown in the autumn of 1999 and we've had a good old haul together.(4) The studios keep making this genre of film, and people still go and see them, but they're getting old fast.(5) Jim, as he was popularly known, belonged to an old and highly respected family in the district.(6) Some have been offering old clothes, but these offers have been rejected by most charities.(7) the same old story(8) But Southampton transport planners have said there are no plans to dig up the old ramps or replace them.(9) For those who know Stan, you've heard many of these stories before - but surprisingly they never get old .(10) he filled a bag with old clothes(11) What on earth possessed me to read through those old emails and instant message files?(12) How many times do we need to see the same old arguments made and the same sources quoted?(13) I belong to the old imperial class who want to put up roads and hospitals and make life easier for people.(14) they spent the money on a five-year old hospital(15) the conflict was more than a decade old(16) The rationale for replacing the old buses remains slightly mysterious.
(1) old man :: matandang lalaki
(2) years old :: taong gulang
(3) old school :: luma
(4) old-fashioned :: makaluma
(5) old woman :: matandang babae
(6) old lady :: matandang babae
(7) very old :: napaka lumang
(8) old age :: matandang edad
(9) old times :: Unang panahon
1. elderly ::
2. dilapidated ::
3. worn ::
4. antique ::
5. mature ::
6. bygone ::
7. hackneyed ::
8. former ::
9. time-honored ::
nakasindi ng panahon
10. older ::
11. previous ::
12. honest-to-goodness ::
old, older, oldest, oldish, oldness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
An OLD friend was...
Westworld Season 2, Episode 2
If I could tell you how many crazy OLD men
I've seen pushing carts around army camps
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
You've served this house faithfully, OLD man.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
Your new hand,
it's nicer than the OLD one.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
but when I was
six years OLD,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 4
English to Filipino Dictionary: old
Meaning and definitions of old, translation in Filipino language for old with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of old in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "old"
What old means in Filipino, old meaning in Filipino, old definition, examples and pronunciation of old in Filipino language.