Noun(1) the cardinal number that is the product of ten and four
Adjective(1) being ten more than thirty
(1) Ms. Douglas was a stringy woman who was nearing the age of forty .(2) a tall woman of about forty(3) They all went whizzing by us as we tootled along at forty miles per hour.(4) Subconsciously imitating this legend, at the ripe age of forty , I have found myself a tutor as well.(5) The other driver, who was fixing her makeup in the rear view mirror while driving on my side of the road at forty miles per hour, hit me quiet forcefully.(6) This was Damien's first ever race over fences at the age of forty , an age when most jockeys are thinking about hanging up their boots.(7) It was probably going forty miles an hour when it started to break.(8) number forty(9) forty litres of fuel(10) In terms of crime control, prison cells spent on people past the age of forty are mostly wasted.(11) Just because you're nearing forty doesn't mean you have to start having anxiety attacks.(12) We chug towards home at a steady forty miles per hour.(13) part forty of the course(14) He must have been young at that time, since he only appeared barely over forty years of age, despite a weathered face and body.(15) Trying anything for the first time past the age of forty is bound to be exciting.(16) the forty runners remaining
(1) forty two :: apatnaput dalawa
(2) forty seven :: apatnapu't pito
(3) forty nine :: apatnapu't siyam
(4) forty three :: apatnapu't tatlo
(5) forty thousand :: apatnapung libo
(6) forty winks :: maigsing pagtulog
(7) forty years :: apatnapung taon
(8) forty-eight :: apat na pu't walo
1. forty ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
Forty, Your Grace.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
Forty thousand dollars?
Hey, you said raise the prices.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
Forty horses died in the night.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
English to Filipino Dictionary: forty
Meaning and definitions of forty, translation in Filipino language for forty with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of forty in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "forty"
What forty means in Filipino, forty meaning in Filipino, forty definition, examples and pronunciation of forty in Filipino language.