kalasag, panangga, panalag, pansangga, panakip, pananggalang, sanggalang, takip, tabing, panabing, brukil, iskudomagsanggalang, magtanggol
Noun(1) a protective covering or structure(2) armor carried on the arm to intercept blows(3) hard outer covering or case of certain organisms such as arthropods and turtles
Verb(1) protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm(2) hold back a thought or feeling about
(1) The protective shield remains over your eye to protect it from injury.(2) Last year's unsung hero, Lee Carsley, provided a great shield for our back four.(3) It's like Mother Nature provided us with a shield from the outside world.(4) Uranium was used to shield tanks against attack by conventional armour-piercing weapons.(5) Patrick whipped out his new shield and the shield defended against the blow.(6) One photograph of an internal mold of the dorsal shield shows a ├ö├ç├┐faint impression of the brain.├ö├ç├û(7) He sells the bamboo to supplement his income and provide a natural shield for his small coffee plantation.(8) water is a relatively good shield against cosmic rays(9) it acts as a shield against disease(10) Each of his soldiers was ordered to carry a cat on his shield , thus preventing the Egyptians, to whom the cat was sacred, from striking a blow.(11) She managed a shaky grin, leaning heavily against the side of the shield .(12) a coating of grease provides a shield against abrasive dirt(13) Upon the shield was the traditional animal, a large bore head with the royal house sword of battle behind it.(14) Northern Finland is part of the Precambrian Fennoscandian shield .(15) The fusion of the cephalic segments is most obvious when a cephalic shield or carapace is present.(16) face shield
(1) face shield :: face shield
(2) heat shield :: init kalasag
(3) eye shield :: eye shield
(4) human shield :: shield ng tao
(5) tax shield :: tax shield
(6) shield volcano :: shield volcano
(7) gum shield :: gum shield
(8) protective shield :: proteksiyon kalasag
(9) water shield :: tubig kalasag
(10) end shield :: end shield
1. escutcheon ::
2. protection ::
3. shell ::
4. buckler ::
5. protect ::
6. harbor ::
7. screen ::
shield, shielded, shielding, shields
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I will SHIELD your back and keep your counsel
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
and the dent in your SHIELD
when you handed it back to me.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
"The SHIELD that guards the realms of men.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
Yes, I know
how to use a SHIELD.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 1
the SHIELD, and the three spears.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
English to Filipino Dictionary: shield
Meaning and definitions of shield, translation in Filipino language for shield with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of shield in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "shield"
What shield means in Filipino, shield meaning in Filipino, shield definition, examples and pronunciation of shield in Filipino language.