magpataw, igiit, patawan, maglapat, iutos, lumoko, ilapat, manloko, utusan, lukuhin, lokohin, ipaggiitan, maggiit, magpapanaig, papanaigin, pagsamantalahan, magsamantala, mag-utos
Verb(1) compel to behave in a certain way(2) impose something unpleasant(3) impose and collect
(1) However, consumer groups argue that banks should not impose such exorbitant penalty charges as they do not reflect the costs incurred when customers exceed borrowing limits.(2) For instance, jurors in Connecticut, New York and other northeastern states are much more reluctant than jurors in other parts of the country to impose the death penalty.(3) the director was unable to impose himself on the production(4) The authorities impose countless conditions restricting strikes, any breach of which can incur heavy prison sentences.(5) Under the original order, unanimity among the judges was not required, even to impose the death penalty.(6) The mayor said officials would not impose either decision on the families.(7) So if a group fails to agree, rather than negotiate further, a minority of strong members should seize control and impose a decision?(8) Even those states that can impose financial penalties often have very low limits on fines.(9) Unanimous rather than majority vote of seven military commissioners will be required to impose the death penalty.(10) First, we will not impose economic sanctions on Zimbabwe since this would only hurt ordinary Zimbabweans.(11) Last week, the government revealed its plans to double the fine for driving while using a mobile to Ôö¼├║60 and impose three penalty points on the driver's licence.(12) As a result, a handful of members of Congress were allowed to impose their extremist positions on the rest of the legislation body.(13) Financial institutions are expected to impose some restrictions on this for administrative purposes.(14) In a report released here, the commission said such courts should be able to impose penalties such as fines and community service.(15) How do you deal with people who impose themselves on you?(16) Such outcomes reinforce the court's power to impose its decisions, and to punish those who disobey.
(1) impose on :: magpataw sa
(2) to impose :: upang magpataw
(3) impose upon :: magpataw sa
(4) impose oneself :: magpataw ng sarili
(5) impose a fine :: butawan
(6) impose tariff :: magpataw ng taripa
1. foist ::
2. levy ::
pagpapataw ng buwis
3. take advantage of ::
4. bring down ::
5. enforce ::
1. remit ::
padalhan ng bayad
impose, imposed, imposes, imposing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And now he hires himself out to IMPOSE
his own brand of rough justice?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
You can't IMPOSE a secret
on an ex post facto basis.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
English to Filipino Dictionary: impose
Meaning and definitions of impose, translation in Filipino language for impose with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of impose in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "impose"
What impose means in Filipino, impose meaning in Filipino, impose definition, examples and pronunciation of impose in Filipino language.