Noun(1) the supreme effort one can make(2) the person who is most outstanding or excellent; someone who tops all others(3) Canadian physiologist (born in the United States, 1899-1978
Verb(1) get the better of
Adjective(1) (superlative of `good'(2) (comparative and superlative of `well'(3) having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified(4) having the normally expected amount(5) morally admirable(6) deserving of esteem and respect(7) promoting or enhancing well-being(8) agreeable or pleasing(9) of moral excellence(10) having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude(11) thorough(12) with or in a close or intimate relationship(13) financially safe(14) most suitable or right for a particular purpose(15) resulting favorably(16) exerting force or influence, or in force
Adverb(1) in a most excellent way or manner(2) it would be sensible(3) from a position of superiority or authority(4) (often used as a combining form, `good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well'(5) thoroughly or completely; fully; often used as a combining form(6) indicating high probability; in all likelihood(7) (used for emphasis or as an intensifier(8) to a suitable or appropriate extent or degree(9) favorably; with approval(10) to a great extent or degree, or substantially(11) with great or especially intimate knowledge(12) with prudence or propriety(13) with skill or in a pleasing manner(14) in a manner affording benefit or advantage(15) in financial comfort(16) without unusual distress or resentment; with good humor
(1) At 29, he was coming to the end of his career, but he set a lifetime best in the final.(2) I'm having the best time of my life.(3) In the space of less than an hour he gave us a lot of useful tips on how best to paint watercolours.(4) They were fond of each other, and observers of his early work often say that she brought out the best in him.(5) If you are only going out for one night my recommendation for the best night would have to be Friday night.(6) As I mentioned below, this was probably the best played LSU game I have ever seen.(7) You can often make a good guess at this by looking at the season in which the plant grows best .(8) There's no point trying to be the best at anything, because failure will be all the worse.(9) Getting the whole picture gives us a much better vantage of making the very best decision possible.(10) He has brought out the best in a superb cast to maintain that delicate balance on stage.(11) His time was a magnificent 2 minutes 5.7 seconds, well inside the previous best .(12) It's best in the spring when there are fewer people and it's not so brutally cold.(13) So let us use these six months to work out how we should go forward, together drawing on the best of each national experience.(14) He wished the best for the pupils and saw teaching as a team effort - home and school.(15) He spent a lot of time with the contributors, and believes his honest approach helped get the best from them.(16) They need well-drained acid soil and sun or partial shade and are best pruned in March.
(1) well :: mabuti
(2) good :: mabuti
(3) the best :: ang pinakamahusay na
(4) best friend :: matalik na kaibigan
(5) best regards :: best regards
(6) best wishes :: maligayang pagbati
(7) you are the best :: ikaw ang pinakamahusay na
(8) all the best :: lahat ng mga pinakamahusay na
(9) with best regards :: na may pinakamahusay na regards
(10) best man :: abay
(11) best practice :: pinakamahusay na kasanayan
1. finest ::
2. most advantageous ::
mas may pakinabang
3. better ::
4. to the highest standard ::
upang ang pinakamataas na pamantayan
5. most ::
6. most advantageously ::
7. better ::
8. finest ::
9. best clothes ::
pinakamahusay na damit
10. best wishes ::
11. topper ::
12. defeat ::
13. outflank ::
best, bested, besting, bests
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
At BEST you can say, "Hey, look, my idea
has an internal logical consistency."
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
And your BEST will prove better than
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
If I got the part,
it's still the second BEST thing
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 19
Oh, that's the BEST part.
It was a, uh...
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
Maybe they'll be BEST friends.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
English to Filipino Dictionary: best
Meaning and definitions of best, translation in Filipino language for best with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of best in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "best"
What best means in Filipino, best meaning in Filipino, best definition, examples and pronunciation of best in Filipino language.