taon, anyo, toon, antas
Noun(1) a period of time containing 365 (or 366(2) a period of time occupying a regular part of a calendar year that is used for some particular activity(3) the period of time that it takes for a planet (as, e.g., Earth or Mars(4) a body of students who graduate together
(1) One of his tutors at Cambridge described him as a very good student but certainly not the top student in his year .(2) in the year 1991(3) a year later(4) we'll be there for a year(5) he's the youngest in his year(6) she's in the second year of the degree(7) she spent a year there(8) the Muslim year(9) it's a year late(10) Calendar dates of events vary slightly because there is not an exact number of solar days in a year .(11) in the year of our Lord 1979(12) The Claimant is a final year student at the Chelsea College of Article.(13) We have made it compulsory for the first year students to attend classes twice a week in the lab.(14) In essence the year is split into four equal seasons, each lasting 91 days plus a bit.(15) they're paid by the year(16) it's almost a year since his heart attack
(1) last year :: noong nakaraang taon
(2) next year :: sa susunod na taon
(3) this year :: ngayong taon
(4) every year :: Taon taon
(5) year of birth :: taon ng kapanganakan
(6) leap year :: taong bisyesto
(7) fiscal year :: piskal na taon
(8) per year :: kada taon
1. twelve-month period ::
labindalawang-buwang tagal ng panahon
2. class ::
3. twelvemonth ::
year, yearlies, yearly, years
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Larger every YEAR, Your Grace.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
Another YEAR or two,
they might crack it...
Westworld Season 2, Episode 4
I seem to recall he laid siege to Storm's
End for the better part of a YEAR.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
Year after YEAR,
I've shoveled Lannister shit,
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
When I can work,
I make $43,700 per YEAR.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
English to Filipino Dictionary: year
Meaning and definitions of year, translation in Filipino language for year with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of year in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "year"
What year means in Filipino, year meaning in Filipino, year definition, examples and pronunciation of year in Filipino language.