habang, bagaman, kahit, samantala, kahit na, noong, kulob na, kahima't, bagama'tsandali, orasmagparaan, magpalipas, paraanin, kani-kanina, kapaki-pakinabang
Noun(1) a period of indeterminate length (usually short
(1) After a while , the consensus on how to respond to the examples breaks down and the debate stalls.(2) I went back and watched TV for a while till Jess wanted to go back to her room.(3) The sky was almost black, while the trees and shrubs where all frosty pink.(4) the period while the animal remains alive(5) a diversion to while away the long afternoons(6) The result was a lengthy hiatus in the building work while another contractor was sought.(7) Some contracts offer just protection, while others provide investment links.(8) while I wouldn't recommend a night-time visit, by day the area is full of interest(9) None the less, for a while it became very difficult for writers to present their views artistically.(10) All this while my family was watching from inside the van, and in full view of all those in line.(11) Domitia finds the list while he sleeps, and joins others whose names are there in a conspiracy.(12) At this time kidneys were taken a little while after the donor's heart had stopped and death had been pronounced.(13) The victims were attacked while watching a cricket match between India and Pakistan on television.(14) Thus while we can start with Waltz, we certainly do not want to stop with him.(15) There were two bastards in the Jones household for a while - but only one of them was truly Jenny's.(16) he starts to draw, talking the while
(1) for a while :: sa isang saglit
(2) once in a while :: paminsan minsan
(3) a while :: isang sandali
(4) after a while :: matapos ang ilang panahon
(5) in a while :: sa isang habang
(6) in a little while :: sandali nalang
(7) a while ago :: kanina
(8) every once in a while :: bawat isang beses sa isang habang
(9) a little while :: ng ilang sandali
(10) wait a while :: maghintay ng isang habang
1. during the time that ::
sa panahon ng oras na iyon
2. when ::
3. as ::
4. whilst ::
5. time ::
6. spell ::
oras ng paggawa
7. stretch ::
8. stint ::
9. span ::
10. interval ::
11. period ::
12. duration ::
13. phase ::
14. patch ::
15. pass ::
16. spend ::
17. occupy ::
18. use up ::
19. fritter ::
20. kill ::
while, whiled, whiles, whiling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...but there is a reasonable explanation.
While I slept in my sleeper car...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
It ate her WHILE her son watched.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
Let's you and me go have a drink
WHILE the fancy folks talk, aye?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
WOLOWITZ: And WHILE all
the other astronauts
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
...or drinking coffee WHILE driving
reduces one's reaction time...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
English to Filipino Dictionary: while
Meaning and definitions of while, translation in Filipino language for while with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of while in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "while"
What while means in Filipino, while meaning in Filipino, while definition, examples and pronunciation of while in Filipino language.