sa, sa ibabaw, sa ibabaw ng, sa oras, sa pamamagitan ng, sa sandali
(1) It is a seed of hope within what you rightly describe as a society based upon violence.(2) I will have to travel a distance to make it there and do not want to find it closed upon arrival.(3) a school's dependence upon parental support(4) They look upon him as a political sage, a voice of freedom, a speaker of truth to power.(5) he fell down upon his knees(6) Part of the city and a theme park will be built upon artificial islands on the lake.(7) She had a core of inner strength and she could be relied upon if you really needed help or you were in a mess.(8) upon the whole(9) It also drew upon his undoubted gifts as a poet and his intuitive genius as an historian.(10) Easter is almost upon us and with it will come the full blast of the tourist trade.(11) I take it upon myself to guide her there, and follow the signs until we reach a doorway.(12) upon her hearing of his illness(13) have mercy upon me(14) it was based upon two principles(15) upon request(16) It's a radio show that's been going for year upon year but very few people listen to it.
(1) once upon a time :: Noong unang panahon
(2) upon request :: kapag binanggit
(3) call upon :: tawagin
(4) upon arrival :: sa pagdating
(5) come upon :: dapuan
(6) look upon :: tumingin sa
(7) based upon :: batay sa
(8) look down upon :: duhagihin
(9) rely upon :: umasa sa
1. on ::
2. over ::
3. upon ::
4. up ::
5. above ::
6. atop ::
7. upstairs ::
sa itaas na palapag
8. a stone's throw ::
magtapon ng bato
9. in the vicnity of ::
sa vicnity ng
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You just robbed me of the opportunity
to stumble UPON the figurine...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
"And I declare UPON the honor of
my house that my beloved brother Robert..."
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
Winter is almost UPON us.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
I congratulate you UPON your restraint.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
Right, a ball of hot, flaming gas
that collapses UPON itself.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
English to Filipino Dictionary: upon
Meaning and definitions of upon, translation in Filipino language for upon with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of upon in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "upon"
What upon means in Filipino, upon meaning in Filipino, upon definition, examples and pronunciation of upon in Filipino language.