taas ng tubig, laki ng tubig, kati, takbo, taog, kilos, panahon, makatulong na pansamantala, laki at kati ng tuhig, paglaki at pagliit ng tubig
laki ng tubig
- laki ng tubigtidedtidestiding
Noun(1) the periodic rise and fall of the sea level under the gravitational pull of the moon(2) something that may increase or decrease (like the tides of the sea(3) there are usually two high and two low tides each day
Verb(1) rise or move forward(2) cause to float with the tide(3) be carried with the tide
(1) When the biplane was pushed out of the hangar, the incoming tide covered the tidal flat making it necessary to cancel the flight.(2) After a lot of messing around in the sand and seeing who could get the furthest into the water before the tide came back in, we were completely soaked and decided to crash at my place for the night.(3) the rising tide covered the wharf(4) This was a beautiful morning, with a rising tide and no wind.(5) Mr Thomas is making vigorous efforts to reverse the tide of abuse that has been coming his way recently.(6) This alliance of irreconcilable economic ideologies was bound to sunder and cede to a powerful tide of neo-liberalism.(7) Whether alive or dead, young or old, black or white - the tribute tide has surged.(8) She fell asleep as the tide slowly climbed, gripping the wet sand with her fingers.(9) All day, the Atlantic churned and the tide surged under the narrow strip of land that separates the ocean from the Gulf of Mexico.(10) The tide had fallen, which revealed another part of the hidden area.(11) The vessel departed on the evening tide the following day.(12) However, while we had been diving, the tide had fallen.(13) When the tide rises and water moves up the channel, the basin fills, and small fish and larvae (food for the birds) enter the pond.(14) we must reverse the growing tide of racism sweeping Europe(15) I stared at him almost speechless as a tide of emotion surged to me.(16) he drifted into sleep on a tide of euphoria
(1) high tide :: laki ng tubig
(2) turn the tide :: i-on ang tide
(3) tide over :: tide sa paglipas ng
(4) rising tide :: umaangat tide
(5) spring tide :: spring tide
(6) winter-tide :: taglamig-tide
(7) rip tide :: rip tide
1. tidewater ::
tubig ng taib
2. ebb and flow ::
sumabay sa alon
3. tidal flow ::
4. surge ::
tide, tided, tides, tiding
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Let us sail on the TIDE of freedom
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
at low TIDE we'd lay you
on your back on the beach,
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
This reward could turn the TIDE here.
It'll really help.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 8
If they feel the TIDE turning...
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 9
English to Filipino Dictionary: tide
Meaning and definitions of tide, translation in Filipino language for tide with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tide in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "tide"
What tide means in Filipino, tide meaning in Filipino, tide definition, examples and pronunciation of tide in Filipino language.