itigil, ihinto, tumigil, huminto, patigilin, pigilan, pigilin, mapigil, pumigil, magpahinto, sugpuin, ipahinto, masugpo, magtigil, magpatigil, tumahan, matapos, sawayin, apulain, sumaway, sawatain, pasakan, pahintuan, magpatahan, patahanin, umampat, umapula, sumugpo, ampatin, magpasak, humimpil, humpayan, sumawata, magpigil, maghumpay, lumubay, hanggahan, ihimpil, ihangga, humumpay, magwakashinto, tigilan, paghinto, pagtigil, tigil, pagpigil, paradahan, humpay, tuldok, punto, pagkapigil, himpilan, iskala
- itigilwalang tigilhintounstop
Noun(1) the event of something ending(2) the act of stopping something(3) a brief stay in the course of a journey(4) the state of inactivity following an interruption(5) a spot where something halts or pauses(6) a consonant produced by stopping the flow of air at some point and suddenly releasing it(7) a punctuation mark (.(8) (music(9) a mechanical device in a camera that controls size of aperture of the lens(10) a restraint that checks the motion of something(11) an obstruction in a pipe or tube
Verb(1) come to a halt, stop moving(2) put an end to a state or an activity(3) stop from happening or developing(4) interrupt a trip(5) cause to stop(6) prevent completion(7) hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of(8) seize on its way(9) have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical(10) render unsuitable for passage(11) stop and wait, as if awaiting further instructions or developments
(1) The man slumped down and signalled for an inhaler so a medic was called, but the ordeal did not stop there.(2) It will come back if you gain the weight, stop exercising and eat the wrong foods.(3) Fortunately, I managed to stop myself worrying about my worrying, because that's just taking it a bit too far.(4) The best time to stop smoking is when you are ready and when you genuinely want to quit.(5) several attempts were made to stop him giving evidence(6) We didn't let that stop us and we continued to court and we were always together.(7) a campaign is under way to stop the bombers(8) The end result is that the leadership is desperately trying to stop a debate that was never really going to start.(9) stop your joking!(10) The trip was part of a two day visit to the region, which also included a stop in Honduras.(11) But one year on and still no significant step has been taken to stop another disaster happening.(12) the flight landed for a refueling stop(13) One child was so traumatised by the experience she could not stop vomiting and had to be hospitalised.(14) And how the hell do you stop someone who's determined to do something like this?(15) stop consonants(16) We had a meeting on Sunday night and we are determined this fire is not going to stop us.
(1) bus stop :: sakayan ng bus
(2) to stop :: upang ihinto
(3) non-stop :: walang tigil
(4) full stop :: lubusang paghinto
(5) stop by :: itigil sa pamamagitan ng
(6) stop sign :: babala na tumigil
(7) stop crying :: ihinto ang pag-iyak
(8) stop smoking :: huminto sa paninigarilyo
(9) pit stop :: pit stop
1. halt ::
2. break ::
3. stopping place ::
pagtigil ng lugar
4. blockage ::
5. occlusive ::
6. hitch ::
7. stoppage ::
8. catch ::
9. diaphragm ::
10. stopover ::
11. full point ::
13. cease ::
14. pull up ::
15. conclude ::
16. stem ::
17. prevent ::
18. thwart ::
20. stop over ::
21. hold on ::
22. contain ::
23. discontinue ::
24. block off ::
25. halt ::
26. finish ::
27. intercept ::
1. continue ::
2. persist ::
nonstop, stop, stops, unstop, unstops
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Stop that. You're making me uncomfortable.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
Just STOP! Stop!
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 14
but could you not STOP
this woman from
killing this man?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
Man, all that cash. I wouldn't
be able to STOP talking about it.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 10
Stop! Stop that!
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
English to Filipino Dictionary: stop
Meaning and definitions of stop, translation in Filipino language for stop with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stop in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stop"
What stop means in Filipino, stop meaning in Filipino, stop definition, examples and pronunciation of stop in Filipino language.