solemne, taimtim, mataimtim, pormal, maringal, tapat, dakila, matapat, walang kibo, seryo, kagila-gilalas, kapita-pitagan, taos-puso
Adjective(1) dignified and somber in manner or character and committed to keeping promises(2) characterized by a firm and humorless belief in the validity of your opinions
(1) For centuries now, we have had experience with people who come to court to testify, and they take the familiar solemn oath.(2) More than 200 people attended a solemn ceremony at the City Hall Memorial Garden to honour Hong Kong's war dead.(3) He wasn't being playful anymore, instead he was totally serious, solemn even.(4) A splendid orchestra and chorus group set up a solemn and glorious atmosphere for the play.(5) There are people all over writing solemn and thought-provoking pieces to mark the completion of a year that's not been one of humanity's most noble.(6) A solemn commitment will be made in front of everyone and rings can be exchanged.(7) As Big Ben struck quarter-to-noon the solemn music of the approaching procession outside became more audible.(8) We resumed holding hands, all our faces now purposefully solemn , though with little smiles twitching at our mouths.(9) I, First Councilor Reneeth, give my solemn oath that you shall be treated fairly.(10) He saw a single tear fall from her cheek, and watched her make that solemn oath to herself.(11) Not one of them shed a tear, but sat there on the uncomfortable wooden seats, trying to mask their anguish with solemn seriousness.(12) I wouldn't have agreed to it, but he had sounded so serious and so solemn that I had said yes before I could stop myself.(13) In a symbolic gesture one of his sculptures was uncovered in a solemn ceremony.(14) The officers who took part in the solemn ceremony pointed out that they ├ö├ç├┐had laid down their lives today for the sake of our tomorrow├ö├ç├û.(15) The solemn pledge taken included an oath swearing to quit the drug habit and to avoid association with former friends and others still involved with drugs.(16) Graduation and similar ceremonies should be solemn , with the national flag raised at the front.
(1) solemn vow :: taimtim na panata
(2) solemn declaration :: taimtim na pahayag
(3) solemn promise :: taimtim na pangako
(4) solemn and stirring :: solemne at stirring
1. dignified ::
2. serious ::
3. sincere ::
5. grave ::
1. flighty ::
2. frivolous ::
walang gaanong kabuluhan
3. giddy ::
4. silly ::
5. undignified ::
solemn, solemner, solemness, solemnest, solemnization, solemnly, solemnness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You swore a SOLEMN vow, remember?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
♪ (SOLEMN MUSIC PLAYS) ♪
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
She comes before you with a SOLEMN heart,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10
the gods do indeed hold betrothal SOLEMN,
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
It is my SOLEMN duty to protect
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
English to Filipino Dictionary: solemn
Meaning and definitions of solemn, translation in Filipino language for solemn with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of solemn in Filipino and in English
Tags for the entry "solemn"
What solemn means in Filipino, solemn meaning
in Filipino, solemn definition, examples and pronunciation
of solemn in Filipino language.