Noun(1) a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny(2) an institution to express belief in a divine power
(1) Later chapters return to the relationship among religion , politics and power.(2) Church and state are separate today, but Catholicism is the religion of the great majority.(3) It serves only one master - corporate greed - that is their religion and their power.(4) But, as Karl Marx put it, religion is also the opiate of the people.(5) I am a person for whom religion has never been important in my life, and I am really scared of the power of religion now.(6) The consequent pursuit of thinness had become a new religion , she said, and she showed a range of advertisements to support her claims.(7) Bonaparte, however, had never made the mistake of underestimating either the power of religion or the resilience of the Church.(8) Is the problem that Judaism is a religion as well as an ethnicity?(9) The freedom to manifest religion or belief in worship, observance, practice and teaching encompasses a broad range of acts.(10) Christianity is a liberating religion , and forgiveness of sins is a liberating experience.(11) Secularism does not reject religion but attempts to bar any single religion from gaining political control.(12) The secularization debate is primarily concerned with the role or power of religion and churches in society.(13) Online marketers realize that return on investment is the religion they need to follow.(14) The official state religion is Roman Catholicism, but Evangelical Protestant movements are making converts among traditional Catholic believers.(15) The pursuit of eating raw food has become a religion of the nuttier kind.(16) They don't see the truth because they come here to impose their religion 's power.
(1) freedom of religion :: kalayaan sa relihiyon
(2) true religion :: totoong relihiyon
(3) no religion :: walang relihiyon
(4) state religion :: estado relihiyon
(5) forbidden by religion :: ipinagbabawal ng relihiyon
1. faith ::
1. atheism ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
My RELIGION teaches that if we suffer
in this life, we are rewarded in the next.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 23
you could not mock
my RELIGION while she's here?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 20
In that case, the woman dives
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
This has nothing to do with RELIGION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
My friend has a healthy
skepticism of RELIGION,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
English to Filipino Dictionary: religion
Meaning and definitions of religion, translation in Filipino language for religion with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of religion in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "religion"
What religion means in Filipino, religion meaning in Filipino, religion definition, examples and pronunciation of religion in Filipino language.