lahi, karera, takbuhan, lipi, magtumulin, labanan, takbo, unahan, tumakbo, makipagkarera, patulinan, magtakbuhan, magpatakbo nang matulin, patakbuhin nang matulin, patulinin, makipagtakbuhan, magpatulin, dasa, magkarera
Noun(1) any competition(2) a contest of speed(3) people who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock(4) (biology(5) the flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller(6) a canal for a current of water
Verb(1) move hurridly(2) compete in a race(3) to work as fast as possible towards a goal, sometimes in competition with others(4) cause to move fast or to rush or race
(1) The punishments for violating the statute did not vary by condition, but by race and gender.(2) the race for nuclear power(3) We're building a huge online database of how the human race looks at life, how it works, thinks and responds.(4) This sedentary behaviour is apparently turning our kids into a race of slothful fatties who risk a reduced lifespan and other problems.(5) The human race no longer adapts through natural selection.(6) Harris and Gage take places along the goal line, looking very much like they are about to race each other in a sprint.(7) I won the first 50-lap race(8) We found, in fact, that the teachers repeatedly shifted the focus from race to socioeconomic status.(9) With only eight horses in the race , though, I don't think the pace will be a big factor.(10) The second day is a slalom event where sailors race around a short course with many turns.(11) a prince of the race of Solomon(12) the black race(13) Jews represent a group of people rather than a distinct race or ethnicity.(14) And many issues affecting race relations and racial equality still haven't been resolved.(15) As humans we have eaten animals since the race began.(16) And the Kembles, as one Victorian novelist's daughter observed, strode through the world as a race apart.
(1) human race :: sangkatauhan
(2) arms race :: takbuhan sa armas
(3) race car :: kotseng pangkarera
(4) to race :: sa lahi
(5) horse race :: horse race
(6) car race :: Karera ng Kotse
(7) mixed race :: halo-halong lahi
(8) foot race :: foot race
1. contest ::
2. competition ::
3. channel ::
4. ethnic group ::
5. people ::
6. raceway ::
7. wash ::
8. subspecies ::
9. compete ::
10. hurry ::
11. pound ::
12. rush ::
13. pelt along ::
umatake sa kahabaan
14. run ::
race, raced, races, racing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Come on, I'll RACE you...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 22
So now I am in a panic.
I RACE home, I run inside the house,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
Look, Sheldon, before you RACE off
to the fertility clinic...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 1
...the lowest classes of the human RACE
have spent their lives laboring...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
Don't be oversensitive.
He's calling you illiterate, not your RACE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
English to Filipino Dictionary: race
Meaning and definitions of race, translation in Filipino language for race with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of race in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "race"
What race means in Filipino, race meaning in Filipino, race definition, examples and pronunciation of race in Filipino language.