lubos, ganap, muntik na, tunay, napaka, masyado, halos, talaga, lubha, totoo, sadya
Adverb(1) to a degree (not used with a negative(2) to the greatest extent; completely(3) of an unusually noticeable or exceptional or remarkable kind (not used with a negative(4) actually or truly or to an extreme
(1) I don't quite think he'd say that(2) quite who said it I don't know(3) Rocky was quite powerful and determined, but he was also crude and not hard to hit.(4) For someone to do it at such a young age is quite extraordinary.(5) Neither of them could ever quite figure out how they had survived growing up with her.(6) Another reviewer described my blog in less warm but still quite pleasing terms.(7) Here the facts are quite complex and quite different from the residential construction cases.(8) It is quite warm outside under the canopy as well, with a very effective heater thoughtfully placed there.(9) it was quite a shock to lose my job(10) are you quite certain about this?(11) this is quite a different problem(12) dresses quite from Port of Spain(13) We all know how dangerous a hot car can be for an animal - the risk of death is quite real.(14) the film is quite funny(15) He is one of the richest characters in the whole of the Wodehouse creation, absolutely rounded and quite without flaw.(16) she did quite well at school
(1) quite well :: ayos lang
(2) quite good :: medyo mabuti
(3) quite a lot :: ganap ng isang pulutong
(4) not quite :: hindi masyado
(5) quite a few :: konti
(6) quite a bit :: lubos ng kaunti
(7) be quite :: lubos
(8) quite often :: medyo madalas
(9) quite big :: medyo malaki
(10) quite different :: lubos na iba't ibang
2. fairly ::
nang walang kinikilingan
3. rather ::
1. half ::
2. part ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Not necessary. This is
really QUITE interesting.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 22
Yes, the owner is QUITE the collector.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
It might be QUITE amusing,
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
- It's QUITE satisfying.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
Excuse me, I didn’t QUITE understand.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
English to Filipino Dictionary: quite
Meaning and definitions of quite, translation in Filipino language for quite with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of quite in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "quite"
What quite means in Filipino, quite meaning in Filipino, quite definition, examples and pronunciation of quite in Filipino language.