pangako, salita, may kinabukasan, may hinaharap, may pag-asamangako, ipangako, pangakuan, mangako ng, magpaasa, pangakuan ng, paasahin, magbigay ng pag-asa
- pangakoipinangakopangakomay pag-asa
Noun(1) a verbal commitment by one person to another agreeing to do (or not to do(2) grounds for feeling hopeful about the future
Verb(1) make a promise or commitment(2) promise to undertake or give(3) make a prediction about; tell in advance(4) give grounds for expectations
(1) Six weeks ago, a flurry of announcements saw the promise of peace dangle tantalisingly before some of Africa's most wretched countries.(2) Politicians promise what they want, not what they can do.(3) she made him promise that he wouldn't do it again(4) Merger mania during the 1996-2001 period failed to realize much of its promise and potential.(5) It holds within it the promise of peace and security, and he smiles.(6) he showed great promise even as a junior officer(7) I did not keep my promise to go home early(8) New approaches show promise , potentially bringing a proof of the Riemann hypothesis within reach.(9) I definitely don't promise to stop hoping that you'll bury the hatchet already.(10) Every indication points to the promise of continued improvements in the cost and performance of storage, depending on the technology involved.(11) Day three started with the promise of very fine weather but we were met with a delivery of a sudden shower as we followed a narrow dirt trail.(12) Although they all start out with great promise and potential, they invariably end up a disappointment and we hear nothing more about them.(13) forthcoming concerts promise a feast of music from around the world(14) For him, this odd little satellite traveling around an evocative solar star represents promise and potential.(15) On the contrary, molecular medicine holds remarkable promise for improving quality of life and delivering health care more equitably.(16) We will not hand over our consciences in return for a hollow promise of safety.
(1) make a promise :: gumawa ng pangako
(2) keep promise :: panatilihin ang pangako
(3) broken promise :: nasirang pangako
(4) keep a promise :: panatilihin ang isang pangako
(5) promise to :: pinapangako ko
(6) break a promise :: masira ang isang pangako
(7) empty promise :: walang laman na pangako
(8) break one's promise :: basagin ang sariling pangako
(9) solemn promise :: taimtim na pangako
(10) keep one's promise :: tumupad sa pangako
2. potential ::
3. indication ::
4. hope ::
5. give one's word ::
magbigay ng salita
6. indicate ::
7. prognosticate ::
8. assure ::
promise, promised, promises, promising
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
When the battle comes,
PROMISE you'll protect me.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
He'll be fine, I PROMISE. But we have to...
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
to be with you forever.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 24
I cannot PROMISE you the queen.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
and I will come back for you.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
English to Filipino Dictionary: promise
Meaning and definitions of promise, translation in Filipino language for promise with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of promise in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "promise"
What promise means in Filipino, promise meaning in Filipino, promise definition, examples and pronunciation of promise in Filipino language.