tumpok, sangkaterba, santambak, tambak, salansan, kimpal, pilote, talaksan, sambunton, marami, trosong pang-istakamatambak, magbunton, ibunton, magtalaksan, mabunton, magsalansan, magsiksikan, magtambak, magkapatung-patong
Noun(1) a collection of objects laid on top of each other(2) (often followed by `of'(3) a large sum of money (especially as pay or profit(4) fine soft dense hair (as the fine short hair of cattle or deer or the wool of sheep or the undercoat of certain dogs(5) battery consisting of voltaic cells arranged in series; the earliest electric battery devised by Volta(6) a column of wood or steel or concrete that is driven into the ground to provide support for a structure(7) the yarn (as in a rug or velvet or corduroy(8) a nuclear reactor that uses controlled nuclear fission to generate energy
Verb(1) arrange in stacks(2) press tightly together or cram(3) place or lay as if in a pile
(1) The house itself is a pile built when Pitlochry was the chicest spa venue in early Victorian Britain.(2) A keen cook, she was happy to allow Joe to pile his dinner plate with extra Yorkshire puddings or the scones and sausage rolls she enjoyed making.(3) That conceit is as stale as our pile of oil money is high.(4) Rose noticed the pile of dirty dishes sitting in the sink.(5) However, there is a formidable list of talent in front of him before he makes the first team and the inevitable pile of money.(6) This film did of course gross an enormous amount of money worldwide and in America, and also received a pile of Oscar nominations.(7) I erect a fence of roast potatoes around the rim of the plate and then pile a goodly spoonful or two of every other vegetable on offer in the middle until the whole structure is in danger of collapse.(8) Meanwhile, across town, Bridget Gregory hangs up the phone and begins counting a huge pile of money.(9) the thick pile of the new rugs(10) he is admired for having made a pile for himself(11) Pete stormed off, practically chucking his tray into the pile of dirty dishes.(12) Is he giving any of that pile of money he made back to them?(13) Anassra grew worried when I did not call for her at my usual hour and entered, to find me lying face-down in a pile of papers.(14) A debt pile approaching ├ö├®┬╝300 million has been systematically reduced.(15) Carolyn walked across the deep pile carpet to the French Windows at the end.(16) If you're poor in this world, this is how you get your daily energy: a big pile of carbohydrates with a tiny amount of proteins, fats, spice or salt to leaven the stodge.
(1) pile on :: pile sa
(2) a pile :: isang tumpok
(3) a pile of :: isang tumpok ng
(4) sheet pile :: sheet pile
(5) rock pile :: rock pile
(6) pile-up :: pile-up
(7) to pile up :: sa pagtira sa up
(8) pile of rubble :: tumpok ng mga durog na bato
(9) pile it on :: pagpatung-patungin
1. heap ::
2. great deal ::
mahusay na deal
3. fortune ::
4. post ::
5. nap ::
6. bundle ::
7. cumulus ::
makapal na ulap
8. chain reactor ::
9. down ::
10. sight ::
11. piling ::
13. load ::
14. increase ::
15. crowd ::
karamihan ng tao
16. jam ::
17. stack ::
pile, piled, piling, pilings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...is gonna raise us
a PILE of money taller than...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
Everyone in this frozen PILE of shit
has always loved reminding me of that.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
But the PILE of angry muscles
never had any muscles here
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
Wow! You look like
a PILE of swans.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
Hank's bills are really starting
to PILE up here.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
English to Filipino Dictionary: pile
Meaning and definitions of pile, translation in Filipino language for pile with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pile in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "pile"
What pile means in Filipino, pile meaning in Filipino, pile definition, examples and pronunciation of pile in Filipino language.