parusa, multa, kaparusahan
Noun(1) the act of punishing(2) a payment required for not fulfilling a contract(3) the disadvantage or painful consequences of an action or condition(4) (games, or a team
(1) Players are reminded that under the Rules of Golf, a player incurs the applicable penalty for any breach of the rules by his caddy.(2) Hoax calls can carry a maximum penalty of up to three months in prison.(3) He was convinced his opponent had taken a penalty shot.(4) Almost immediately, he rifled a penalty corner shot straight into the net.(5) The interstate shipment of stolen goods offence carries a maximum penalty of ten years in prison.(6) They should be locked up like other law breakers and they should suffer a financial penalty .(7) the charge carries a maximum penalty of ten years' imprisonment(8) Zimbabwe could well do with a rare victory and are paying the penalty for arranging a tour at the height of their rainy season.(9) This had followed a surprising decision to kick a penalty into the corner instead of the goal, which with the help of hindsight may well have cost the home side the game.(10) Failure to do so carries the maximum penalty of a Ôö¼├║20,000 fine or six months jail.(11) Time outs are allowed, but any infringement incurs a five-point penalty .(12) The visitors hit the home side for six, with two of those strikes coming deep into injury time, including a penalty as the game entered its fifth minute of stoppage time.(13) The visitors were awarded a penalty , which they kicked into the corner.(14) As a result, it now seems that she may suffer a penalty , since her insurance for the tour did not include cover for her being taken ill.(15) The home side rounded off their scoring in the 62nd minute when they elected to kick a penalty into the corner.(16) This is a situation where the penalty is most unfair.
(1) death penalty :: parusang kamatayan
(2) penalty kick :: parusa sipain
(3) penalty area :: parusa na lugar
(4) penalty box :: kahon ng parusa
(5) penalty clause :: karampatang parusa
(6) penalty spot :: lugar ng parusa
(7) penalty shootout :: parusa shootout
(8) forfeit penalty :: mabaliwala parusa
(9) penalty shoot-out :: parusa shoot-out
(10) tax penalty :: parusa sa buwis
1. punishment ::
2. foul ::
3. disadvantage ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We both know the PENALTY for that crime.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 3
They were gonna charge us
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 1
The PENALTY for desertion...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
English to Filipino Dictionary: penalty
Meaning and definitions of penalty, translation in Filipino language for penalty with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of penalty in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "penalty"
What penalty means in Filipino, penalty meaning in Filipino, penalty definition, examples and pronunciation of penalty in Filipino language.