sarili, panarilimagkaroon, mayroon, umamin, kilalaning anak, angkinin ang nararapat, matamo ang ukol sa kanya, mag-ari, magmay-ari, mag-angkin ng nararapat
Verb(1) have ownership or possession of
Adjective(1) belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself
(1) She made her own clothes and always put her hair up in funky new ways.(2) On walking down busy Nevskii, for example, the individual's own right of way is all that matters.(3) Teenage louts always belong to someone else; your own are just boys being boys.(4) they grow their own vegetables(5) he set up his own company(6) I don't own a car(7) he apologized - in his own way(8) If you cannot have it by its own total free will and volition, it will never be yours.(9) Ulverston is South Lakeland's second largest town and oozes its own character and charm.(10) The other five of the same colour is not a trump - it belongs to its own suit.(11) This in turn fostered a new tolerance for women as individuals with their own destinies outside the home.(12) Without these berries, there is more of a need to do your own cooking and eat lots of food.(13) To say there will be pots and pans for people to do their own cooking is just ludicrous.(14) In schools what matters most is not how a child learns to develop his or her own individual abilities.(15) He prefers to travel under his own steam, free of deadlines and the constriction of a commission.(16) Each of these sites has its own particularly charming stance on what I've said.
(1) your own :: iyong sarili
(2) his own :: sa kanyang sarili
(3) on his own :: sa kanyang sarili
(4) on one's own :: unagsasarili
(5) our own :: ang aming sariling
(6) own up :: umamin
(7) on its own :: sa kanyang sarili
(8) of my own :: sa aking sarili
(9) one's own :: sarili
(10) own goal :: sariling mithiin
1. personal ::
2. individual ::
3. particular ::
4. private ::
6. unique ::
7. be the owner of ::
ang may-ari ng
8. possess ::
9. be the possessor of ::
ang may ari ng
own, owned, owning, owns
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Is there a reason
I had to leave my OWN apartment?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 17
One of several such
establishments I OWN.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
I thought you said
he played by his OWN rules.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 4
Anyway, if you had
your OWN game character...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
so they can patch a hole
in their OWN broken code.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 9
English to Filipino Dictionary: own
Meaning and definitions of own, translation in Filipino language for own with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of own in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "own"
What own means in Filipino, own meaning in Filipino, own definition, examples and pronunciation of own in Filipino language.