Noun(1) magnifier of the image of small objects
(1) The lengths were measured with an ocular micrometer fitted to the eyepiece of the microscope .(2) She had spent weeks hunched over a microscope looking at samples of sperm.(3) Photographs were taken after dissection using a microscope at a magnification of 64x.(4) to look at sth under a microscope(5) A biopsy allows scientists to look at a sample of your cells under a microscope and carry out tests on the tissue.(6) The sample is then sent to a laboratory to be looked at under a microscope for signs of cell change.(7) We know that looking for abnormal cells down a microscope is not an exact science, and that is the problem.(8) Instead, the abundance of leaf hairs on leaf surfaces or veins was scored for each sample under a light microscope .(9) microscope slide(10) Measurements were made using a light microscope equipped with an eyepiece micrometer.(11) A pathologist will examine the prostate sample under a microscope and check whether or not it is cancerous.(12) Light microscopes can magnify objects up to 1,000 times, revealing microscopic details.(13) These research microscopes often have binocular eyepieces, relying upon a series of prisms to split the image so that it may be viewed with both eyes.(14) In rapid succession the field ion microscope and the scanning tunnelling microscope soon joined these microscopes .(15) Biosensors, such as patch clamps, electrodes, or microscopes are positioned to detect a response from the cell.(16) This simple approach recognises the fact that mycobacterial culture is not feasible in peripheral units but that light microscopes and trained microscopy staff are available.
(1) electron microscope :: electron microscope
(2) light microscope :: light microscope
(3) compound microscope :: compound microscope
(4) optical microscope :: optical mikroskopyo
(5) polarizing microscope :: polarizing mikroskopyo
1. microscope ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
shoe polish on
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
Um, did you know I have a MICROSCOPE slide
with a little bit of tissue
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 19
Oh, he'd be like a puppy
with a MICROSCOPE. [laughs]
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
I remember the first time I looked through
a MICROSCOPE and saw tiny microorganisms.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 21
English to Filipino Dictionary: microscope
Meaning and definitions of microscope, translation in Filipino language for microscope with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of microscope in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "microscope"
What microscope means in Filipino, microscope meaning in Filipino, microscope definition, examples and pronunciation of microscope in Filipino language.