kagalakan, kaligayahan, galak, kasiyahan, saya, lugod, tuwa, katuwaan, ligaya, kasayahan, kaluguran, pagkagalak, pagkatuwamagalak, lumigaya, masiyahan, ikagalak, malugod
Noun(1) the emotion of great happiness(2) something or someone that provides a source of happiness
Verb(1) feel happiness or joy(2) make glad or happy
(1) She cried tears of joy on the podium after becoming the first woman from her country to win an Olympic title.(2) it brought them great joy(3) Despite his love for Emma and the joy of having a child at last, Nelson was none the less given to bouts of depression.(4) any joy?(5) we shed tears of joy(6) She felt her heart pound as she felt joy and happiness for the first time in months.(7) you'll get no joy out of her(8) My head rang with pain but I was alive, and the thought made me want to jump for joy .(9) I waited until the gate had closed behind me and I was out of sight to do my jump for joy .(10) to his joy, the horse won the race(11) Firstly, I'm going to take some classes, teaching kids and teenagers about the joy of cooking.(12) One part of me wanted to jump for joy , and the other just wanted to run and hide in fear.(13) it's a real joy listening to her(14) tears of joy(15) Another year has passed and for some it brought joy and happiness, for others sadness and sorrow.(16) you could see her joy at the win
(1) pride and joy :: pagmamalaki at kagalakan
(2) joy of life :: joy ng buhay
(3) tears of joy :: luha ng kasiyahan
(4) bundle of joy :: bundle ng kagalakan
(5) full of joy :: puno ng kasiyahan
(6) with joy :: na may kagalakan
(7) jump for joy :: Tumalon sa saya
(8) for joy :: sa kagalakan
(9) great joy :: dakilang kagalakan
(10) shout for joy :: aawit sa kagalakan
1. delight ::
2. pleasure ::
4. gladden ::
5. rejoice ::
1. calamity ::
2. misery ::
joan, joy, joyed, joyful, joying, joyless, joyous, joys
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
JOY: While a robot can always
change their programming,
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
JOY: Even though his memories
of his family are artificial,
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
"' alt="- You\'re asking me out?
- You're asking me out?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 5
"and your JOY will turn to ashes
in your mouth."
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
I mean, this, uh... This little bundle of
JOY of ours was practically on rails.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
English to Filipino Dictionary: joy
Meaning and definitions of joy, translation in Filipino language for joy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of joy in Filipino and in English
Tags for the entry "joy"
What joy means in Filipino, joy meaning
in Filipino, joy definition, examples and pronunciation
of joy in Filipino language.