Noun(1) any of various large keen-sighted diurnal birds of prey noted for their broad wings and strong soaring flight(2) (golf(3) a former gold coin in the United States worth 10 dollars(4) an emblem representing power
Verb(1) shoot two strokes under par(2) shoot in two strokes under par
(1) Napolean later tried to switch the bird for an eagle , saying, ├ö├ç├┐the rooster has no strength.├ö├ç├û(2) A gorgeous golden eagle was perched on the sill.(3) It's no accident that John Altman's World War II thriller has a German eagle , a swastika and a Nazi-esque title font on the cover.(4) Levet was first to play and there was delight when his little chip and run trickled into the hole for an eagle three.(5) By a decree of July 1804, the eagle and the bee were chosen as the two symbols of the empire.(6) In recent years fanfare accompanied the return of species like the osprey and red kite in England and the white-tailed eagle in Scotland.(7) There he was, standing beneath an enormous gold-coloured double-headed eagle , Russia's national symbol, looked focused and unrattled.(8) He grabbed the presidential mobile phone, which had a double-headed eagle instead of buttons, from the nightstand.(9) The ball pitched a few yards past the flag and, courtesy of a powerful amount of backspin, zipped back into the hole for an eagle two.(10) I followed the majestic flight of an eagle reveling in his freedom, soaring through the skies as if they were his to roam at will.(11) If you do a search for Dept. of Homeland Security's logo, it is a blue colour circular logo with an eagle in it.(12) Cheetham needed an eagle on the last hole of Tour School to make it back on to the circuit.(13) The national symbol of Serbia is a double-headed white eagle , a creature considered the king of animals.(14) The seemingly insignificant scorpion, now moving under the shadows of the eagle 's powerful wings, never even caught the bird's eye.(15) Above the bench in the courtroom there was a double-headed eagle , a very ancient dynastic symbol representing the union of church and state.(16) The first year, I was standing at the 18th green and had just finished playing when Lew Worsham scored an eagle 2 on the last hole.
(1) bald eagle :: kalbo agila
(2) spread-eagle :: kumalat-agila
(3) sea eagle :: dagat agila
(4) harpy eagle :: suwapang agila
(5) golden eagle :: gintong agila
(6) eagle-eyed :: agila ang mga mata
(7) eagle hawk :: agila lawin
(8) black eagle :: itim na agila
1. eagle ::
2. throat ::
3. neck ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Okay, the EAGLE has landed.
- What's going on?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
feel like an EAGLE is trying
to carry you to its nest?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
Send your EAGLE
above the Wall every night.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
Do you know that EAGLE chicks
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
What happens to your
EAGLE after I kill you?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
English to Filipino Dictionary: eagle
Meaning and definitions of eagle, translation in Filipino language for eagle with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of eagle in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "eagle"
What eagle means in Filipino, eagle meaning in Filipino, eagle definition, examples and pronunciation of eagle in Filipino language.