aparato, kagamitan, kasangkapan, katha, instrumento, lalang, pakana, sagisag, paradw, paraan, pamamaraan, makina
Noun(1) an instrumentality invented for a particular purpose(2) something in an artistic work designed to achieve a particular effect(3) any clever maneuver(4) any ornamental pattern or design (as in embroidery(5) an emblematic design (especially in heraldry
(1) a measuring device(2) The traditional device is to terrify the population.(3) Obviously, this a rhetorical device : a trope or some sort of shorthand for the linking of theory to practice.(4) Instead, what we end up with is a parlor trick as plot device , a shockingly surreal way of keeping both husband and wife front and center in the storyline.(5) a rhetorical device(6) the decorative device on the invitations(7) He asks her to go to Hong Kong with him but she rejects his offer using the device of a card trick and both leave with regret.(8) These told me that Lichtenstein's style defined his approach - he made it his own; it wasn't an affectation, a mere imitative device or clever trick.(9) The other piece of equipment is a device called a hydrometer, which measures alcoholic strength.(10) an incendiary device(11) Her cave was stored with scrolls of strange device .(12) Oh, and Scully had a kid who could move things around with his mind, a plot device I haven't seen since Bewitched.(13) A dirty bomb is an explosive device manufactured to spread harmful radioactive material over a wide range.(14) writing a letter to a newspaper is a traditional device for signalling dissent(15) Well it's a bomb, an explosive device , which has contained within it some radioactive material.(16) Moore's method uses the axiomatic method as an instructional device .
(1) storage device :: storage device
(2) input device :: input aparato
(3) device driver :: driver ng aparato
(4) medical device :: medikal na aparato
(5) output device :: output na aparato
(6) measuring device :: pagsukat na aparato
(7) peripheral device :: peripheral device
(8) electronic device :: electronic device
(9) device name :: pangalan ng device
(10) mobile device :: mobile na aparato
1. implement ::
2. ploy ::
3. emblem ::
4. gimmick ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
can't be used
as a flotation DEVICE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 10
the last analog DEVICE
in a digital world.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
and I think we can make the DEVICE
between eight and 10% smaller.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 15
How about concealing
a recording DEVICE...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
English to Filipino Dictionary: device
Meaning and definitions of device, translation in Filipino language for device with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of device in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "device"
What device means in Filipino, device meaning in Filipino, device definition, examples and pronunciation of device in Filipino language.