Noun(1) a challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy
Verb(1) take upon oneself; act presumptuously, without permission(2) to be courageous enough to try or do something(3) challenge
(1) Scarlet's face lit up as if she had just had the most perfect idea for a dare .(2) Take on a dare , and demonstrate that you don't always take yourself so seriously.(3) how dare you talk to me like that!(4) In a society of individualists nobody dare admit to being a conformist.(5) His start came at the tender age of 18 when he began performing stand-up comedy on a dare from his University dorm mates.(6) don't you dare touch me(7) She awoke slowly, her head throbbing as it had the time she had taken a whole tankard of ale on a dare from the boys.(8) There's the time Morrieson drove his car along the main trunk line for a dare .(9) He felt like a schoolboy on a dare , though he admitted he would have been much more afraid had he been a schoolboy at that time.(10) swap with me, I dare you(11) Crazy South African Guy, on a dare , drank five cans of Coke in under ten minutes.(12) She had never been brave enough to dare even a tame ride around the temple grounds on its back after that.(13) Once Brett passed away, some were ready to say nobody would dare try to fill his shoes.(14) We would camp out in the backyard and run naked through the grass on a dare .(15) It is believed the youngsters started climbing as a dare .(16) No doubt someone will tell us the design meets the necessary standards, but if so, the standards do not recognise what children will do for a dare .
(1) to dare :: upang maglakas-loob
(2) dare to :: maglakas-loob na
(3) not dare :: hindi maglakas-loob
(4) dare-devil :: maglakas-loob-satanas
1. challenge ::
2. daring ::
3. be brave enough ::
maging matapang sapat na
4. challenge ::
5. defy ::
6. make bold ::
gumawa ng bold
1. dodge ::
2. duck ::
3. funk ::
maging sobrang lungkot
4. shirk ::
dare, dared, dares
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Don’t you DARE say anything
about the gunshot, right?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
You don't know? How DARE you call
yourselves a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 10
- I'm gonna go home and wash my hair.
- Don't you DARE, missy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
The Hand was loved by all.
What sort of man would DARE...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
They wouldn't DARE.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 6
English to Filipino Dictionary: dare
Meaning and definitions of dare, translation in Filipino language for dare with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of dare in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "dare"
What dare means in Filipino, dare meaning in Filipino, dare definition, examples and pronunciation of dare in Filipino language.