paligsahan, labanan, timpalak, kompetensya, pangagawan, paglalaban, timpalak-bigkasan, timpalak-kagandahan
Noun(1) a business relation in which two parties compete to gain customers(2) an occasion on which a winner is selected from among two or more contestants(3) the act of competing as for profit or a prize(4) the contestant you hope to defeat
(1) Technology has become fashionable and with global market pressures, competition for new advances has never been higher.(2) If the three branches provided the same or similar function, competition between them could arise.(3) Young wasn't aware of any tendering or competition for the contract.(4) Plant and animal competition is most marked on fertile soils of eutrophic forests and grasslands.(5) The boom in India's tech industry also means stiff competition for good software developers.(6) But if not, at least get over there, check out the competition , and link someone, okay?(7) competition with ungulates or condylarths appears to have been the undoing of marsupials in North America(8) They want selective competition - competition for others but not for themselves.(9) The family atmosphere and the great competition make these events something very special.(10) In prehistoric times, natural disasters and competition with other species were the main causes.(11) The presence of these international competitors makes it likely that competition for future contracts will remain active.(12) Seventeen teams, one of the largest number of entries for many years, participated and competition was very keen.(13) In any event, competition , and the hiring away of key employees, continued apace.(14) there is fierce competition between banks(15) Jessica flicked the page over and checked out the competition .(16) The competition for attention works both ways in the relationship between governments and the populations they serve.
(1) perfect competition :: perpektong kompetisyon
(2) swimming competition :: swimming competition
(3) stiff competition :: paninigas ng kumpetisyon
(4) fair competition :: patas na kumpetisyon
(5) sports competition :: paligsahan sa isport
(6) unfair competition :: hindi patas na kumpetisyon
(7) enter a competition :: ipasok ang isang competition
(8) imperfect competition :: hindi lubos na pagsisisi kumpetisyon
(9) price competition :: presyo kompetisyon
1. contest ::
2. rivalry ::
3. opposition ::
4. contender ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And without rules,
the COMPETITION has no meaning.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
not by knocking out
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 21
The COMPETITION has become a bit stale.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 1
...and enter the Olympic bobsled
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
fierce COMPETITION to
replace him as Jarl.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 9
English to Filipino Dictionary: competition
Meaning and definitions of competition, translation in Filipino language for competition with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of competition in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "competition"
What competition means in Filipino, competition meaning in Filipino, competition definition, examples and pronunciation of competition in Filipino language.