iwasan, umiwas, lumayo, layuan, lumihis, umilag, mangilag, tumabi, suminsay, lihisan
Verb(1) stay clear from; keep away from; keep out of the way of someone or something(2) prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening(3) refrain from doing something(4) refrain from certain foods or beverages(5) declare invalid
(1) Travel directly to the meeting venue and avoid any contact with susceptible animals and agricultural land.(2) We sprinted toward the massive building trying to avoid anyone that we may have met.(3) It was a lighter matter to interfere with freedom of contract and avoid covenants under seal.(4) you have to avoid being biased(5) The league also implemented a deterrent to avoid excessive use of instant replay.(6) he wants to avoid any trouble(7) There may well be something about me in person that leaves people cold and wanting to avoid me.(8) Limited tickets available so book early to avoid disappointment.(9) We introduced ourselves as refugees from Pakistan, to avoid excessive attention.(10) What is the best method for those who wish to avoid excessive sun exposure and dairy sources of vitamin D?(11) No doubt patients will avoid the place too if they have the choice.(12) Since I'm going to NYC a few days after writing this, we can certainly avoid those places.(13) avoid excessive exposure to the sun(14) he managed to avoid offending anyone(15) Fruit flavor is related to the amount of foliage on the plants, so avoid excessive pruning for best results.(16) to avoid confrontation
(1) to avoid :: para maiwasan
(2) in order to avoid :: upang maiwasan
(3) avoid doing :: maiwasan ang paggawa ng
(4) can't avoid :: hindi maiiwasan
(5) avoid each other :: maiwasan ang bawat isa
(6) avoid certain food :: iwasan ang ilang mga pagkain
1. keep away from ::
lumayo mula sa
2. evade ::
hindi sumagot nang tuwiran
3. dodge ::
4. shun ::
5. refrain from ::
pigilin ang sarili mula sa
6. forefend ::
7. keep off ::
8. nullify ::
avoid, avoidable, avoidance, avoided, avoiding, avoids
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
but maybe we start with our favori00:04:11,461 --> 00:04:14,422
You don't have to AVOID having
intimate conversations with me.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 23
I have to leave to AVOID a massacre
with or without proofs of life,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
perhaps our last chance,
to AVOID carnage.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
and I ended up
in the one place
I wanted to AVOID.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 6
You stayed in Michigan all week
to AVOID being around me?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 13
English to Filipino Dictionary: avoid
Meaning and definitions of avoid, translation in Filipino language for avoid with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of avoid in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "avoid"
What avoid means in Filipino, avoid meaning in Filipino, avoid definition, examples and pronunciation of avoid in Filipino language.