Noun(1) the warmest season of the year; in the northern hemisphere it extends from the summer solstice to the autumnal equinox(2) the period of finest development, happiness, or beauty
Verb(1) spend the summer
(1) Simply put, you are more likely to see a lunar eclipse during a long winter night than a short summer night.(2) It has turned quickly to summer here too with weather in the 70s and 80s.(3) a long hot summer(4) summer vacation(5) summer holidays(6) summer is coming(7) According to records, June is the wettest summer month receiving an average of 58.5mm of rain.(8) But all summer he feared for his life, such was the level of noise outside his house and the number of attacks on his home.(9) they spend the summer abroad(10) The family usually spends summer in Dubrovnik so that both children can see their grandparents.(11) the plant flowers in late summer(12) it's summer(13) These birds summer in Alberta Canada and winter at the Aransas Wildlife Refuge in Texas.(14) during summer(15) The five days that weren't included were in the middle of the summer when Sirius, the dog star, can be seen near the rising sun.(16) The southern tip of South America is chilly, even in the summer month of December.
(1) this summer :: ngayong tag init
(2) summer camp :: kampo ng araw
(3) summer vacation :: summer vacation
(4) in summer :: sa tag-araw
(5) summer holiday :: summer holiday
(6) summer holidays :: pista opisyal ng tag-init
(7) summer time :: tag-init
(8) summer school :: summer school
(9) during the summer :: sa panahon ng tag-init
(10) summer breeze :: summer na simoy
1. summertime ::
2. warm season ::
mainit-init na panahon
3. hot season ::
mainit na panahon
4. dog days ::
mga pinakamainit na araw
summer, summered, summering, summers, summery
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I took a scuba-diving course
over the SUMMER...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 4
The peasants say, a long SUMMER means
an even longer winter.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
- Bran, what happened?
- It's Summer. He's hurt.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4
In the Summer lsles,
they worship a fertility goddess with 16 teats.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
Just like last SUMMER
when there was no malaria in Pasadena.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 2
English to Filipino Dictionary: summer
Meaning and definitions of summer, translation in Filipino
language for summer with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of summer in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'summer'
What summer means in Filipino, summer meaning
in Filipino, summer
definition, examples and pronunciation
of summer in Filipino language.