Noun(1) a cocktail made of a liquor (especially whiskey or gin(2) the taste experience when vinegar or lemon juice is taken into the mouth(3) the property of being acidic
Verb(1) go sour or spoil(2) make sour or more sour
Adjective(1) smelling of fermentation or staleness(2) having a sharp biting taste(3) one of the four basic taste sensations; like the taste of vinegar or lemons(4) in an unpalatable state(5) inaccurate in pitch, or sour(6) showing a brooding ill humor
(1) The row threatens to sour relations between Prague and Washington.(2) Whatever they marinated the vegetables in wasn't pleasant at all - they all had a uniformly sour taste that made them almost inedible.(3) When a sour gas well is ignited, hydrogen sulphide is transformed into sulphur dioxide, which is less immediately dangerous, but still toxic.(4) He reeked of sour milk and unwashed filth and I felt my stomach lurch at the stench.(5) The fruit is about two to five centimetres long and acidic in nature with a sour taste.(6) The food should not be moistened because it turns rancid or sour .(7) I didn't want Maria getting all mad at me in the morning cause the milk and cream were sour .(8) I'll be watching y'all with an amaretto sour in one hand and a remote control in the other.(9) I used to devour them, but now they leave such a sour taste in my mouth and the sourness irritates my insides.(10) After just getting out of detention, he was in a pretty sour mood.(11) Boyle went on to characterize acids, noting their sour or tart taste and their ability to corrode metals.(12) So as not to end this on an entirely sour note, there have been films worth looking forward to this season.(13) Heartburn is a burning feeling in the lower chest, along with a sour or bitter taste in the throat and mouth.(14) A scent is no longer fresh if it smells sour or winy, gives off a distinctive alcohol aroma or no longer smells like it originally did.(15) How could someone so sour look so lovely in sleep?(16) The fluffy filling combined with the sour taste was great.
(1) sour cream :: kulay-gatas
(2) sour milk :: maasim na gatas
(3) sour cherry :: maasim seresa
(4) sour grapes :: maasim na ubas
(5) sour taste :: maasim na lasa
(6) turn sour :: umasim
(7) sour stomach :: maasim na tiyan
(8) sweet and sour pork :: matamis at maasim baboy
(9) sour mash :: maasim mash
(10) hot and sour soup :: mainit at maasim na sabaw
1. acid ::
2. bad ::
4. off ::
5. dark ::
6. rancid ::
8. embitter ::
sumama ang loob
9. spoil ::
10. acidulate ::
11. turn ::
13. acidity ::
1. agreeable ::
2. congenial ::
3. good ::
4. grateful ::
5. nice ::
6. palatable ::
7. pleasant ::
8. pleasing ::
9. pleasurable ::
10. welcome ::
sour, soured, sourer, sourest, souring, sourish, sourly, sourness, sours
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I have a jug of SOUR goat's milk
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 9
and see your SOUR face.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 1
You said that King's Landing
smelled of horse dung and SOUR milk.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
You need SOUR cherries to make it right.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
after negotiations went SOUR.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
English to Filipino Dictionary: sour
Meaning and definitions of sour, translation in Filipino
language for sour with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of sour in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'sour'
What sour means in Filipino, sour meaning
in Filipino, sour
definition, examples and pronunciation
of sour in Filipino language.