Verb(1) get something; come into possession of(2) receive a specified treatment (abstract(3) register (perceptual input(4) go through (mental or physical states or experiences(5) express willingness to have in one's home or environs(6) accept as true or valid(7) bid welcome to; greet upon arrival(8) convert into sounds or pictures(9) experience as a reaction(10) have or give a reception(11) receive as a retribution or punishment(12) partake of the Holy Eucharist sacrament(13) regard favorably or with disapproval
(1) It means that museums can receive stolen goods, something which is illegal for everyone else.(2) Some handsets are available that can receive free analog terrestrial broadcasts but these pictures tend to break up when transmitted to a moving device.(3) Did you ever think the film would receive such a great reaction?(4) Eid is a favourite among Muslim children, as they receive lots of presents!(5) the remaining lines receive the general rolling stock(6) to receive stolen goods(7) The historic buildings which will receive grants in the present allocation are from right across the country.(8) the landward slopes receive the full force of the wind(9) The android looked clearly stunned, not expecting to receive such a reaction from a normally pleasant woman.(10) he failed to find a magistrate to receive his oath(11) He had ignited a controversy over the Eucharist, claiming the right for the laity to receive both the bread and the wine at Mass.(12) They are also to receive counselling for the emotional effects of their ordeal.(13) My mother did know who my father was, but she was too afraid to tell anyone for fear of the reactions she would receive .(14) German convicts work at real jobs while incarcerated - and even receive four weeks of paid vacation each year!(15) She described the large house, trimmed hedges, her uniform, and the mother who dressed elegantly to receive and visit friends for lunch.(16) Current and future Sky subscribers will continue to receive all BBC services.
(1) receive money :: tumanggap ng pera
(2) receive a letter :: makatanggap ng isang sulat
(3) receive data :: tumanggap ng data
(4) receive from :: Tanggapin mula
(5) receive guests :: makatanggap ng mga bisita
(6) receive commands :: tumanggap ng utos
(7) receive a gift :: makatanggap ng isang regalo
(8) receive instructions :: makatanggap ng mga tagubilin
(9) receive favors :: tumanggap ng mga pabor
1. be given ::
2. be sent ::
3. be told ::
4. hear ::
5. experience ::
6. greet ::
7. entertain ::
9. meet ::
10. obtain ::
11. welcome ::
12. invite ::
13. get ::
14. have ::
1. ban ::
2. bar ::
receive, received, receives, receiving
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They said they would be honored
to RECEIVE the Mother of Dragons.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
You will RECEIVE what is yours by right.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10
I never did RECEIVE
a formal education.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
and I’ll make sure you RECEIVE an envelope
with your money in five, or six months
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
He must always RECEIVE what is his.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
English to Filipino Dictionary: receive
Meaning and definitions of receive, translation in Filipino
language for receive with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of receive in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'receive'
What receive means in Filipino, receive meaning
in Filipino, receive
definition, examples and pronunciation
of receive in Filipino language.