Noun(1) the middle of the day
(1) the midday heat(2) the midday sun(3) Most sun worshippers are aware that they should stay out of the midday sun to minimise the risk of sunburn.(4) Morning mists can further confuse the eye; the midday sun can dazzle it into submission.(5) And as the empty tarmac streets melt in the midday sun, it appears only the flies are buzzing.(6) Our Verona mobile home was fairly well shaded from the midday sun and of a modern, open studio style.(7) A good wide brim straw hat will go a far way to help block the scalding midday heat.(8) The mountains were suddenly bathed in a light far brighter than the midday sun.(9) It was also eaten throughout the year and often replaced bread at the midday meal or evening supper.(10) at midday(11) Every car on display was immaculately turned out and gleamed in the midday sunshine.(12) Don't water plants in the heat of the midday sun: early morning or late evening is best.(13) After midday a perceptible rise in wind force was accompanied by an ominous whine.(14) We stand and watch in the heat of the midday sun, waiting for the chaos to subside.(15) he awoke at midday(16) As midday came, crowds headed for the culinary delights whipped up by Liz Park and her catering team.
(1) mid day :: mid-araw
(2) at midday :: sa tanghali
(3) midday meal :: pananghalian
(4) before midday :: bago tanghali
(5) around midday :: sa paligid ng tanghali
(6) midday sun :: tanghali araw
(7) midday rest :: tanghali pahinga
1. noon ::
2. twelve noon ::
3. high noon ::
4. noontide ::
5. noonday ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Tomorrow you will be here at MIDDAY.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
Black Walder and Lothar promised
to be here by MIDDAY.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
We've been here since MIDDAY.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
English to Filipino Dictionary: midday
Meaning and definitions of midday, translation in Filipino
language for midday with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of midday in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'midday'
What midday means in Filipino, midday meaning
in Filipino, midday
definition, examples and pronunciation
of midday in Filipino language.