Noun(1) green color or pigment; resembling the color of growing grass(2) a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area(3) United States labor leader who was president of the American Federation of Labor from 1924 to 1952 and who led the struggle with the Congress of Industrial Organizations (1873-1952(4) an environmentalist who belongs to the Green Party(5) a river that rises in western Wyoming and flows southward through Utah to become a tributary of the Colorado River(6) an area of closely cropped grass surrounding the hole on a golf course(7) any of various leafy plants or their leaves and stems eaten as vegetables(8) street names for ketamine
Verb(1) turn or become green
Adjective(1) of the color between blue and yellow in the color spectrum; similar to the color of fresh grass(2) concerned with or supporting or in conformity with the political principles of the Green Party(3) not fully developed or mature; not ripe(4) looking pale and unhealthy(5) naive and easily deceived or tricked
(1) Well, I just look up at my team-mates and they're all dressed up in green and gold.(2) Salford City Council now wants residents to go green and help the environment.(3) Environmental groups are puzzled and annoyed that, despite high-profile campaigns to get Canadians to green their consumption habits, the federal government is considering easing the burden on heavy industry.(4) Jake tapped his fingers impatiently on the steering wheel while he waited for a red light to turn green .(5) A girl in the back bolted up, looking mildly green around the edges.(6) The last three matches were decided on the final green , truly making it a splendid competition!(7) The mayor was doing a great job of responding to President Thabo Mbeki's mandate to green the townships, she added.(8) The big final was a typically full-blooded affair, with a complete restart being called as the cars piled into each other before the green flag fell.(9) As far as I could see, a dark green sea of untouched forest rolled out to the whole encircling horizon.(10) Mr Hulme has been an outspoken protester against the plan for the wind farm, which developers say will provide green power for thousands of homes.(11) Cars accelerate from the stop lights and just manage a gear change if the following ones are green at the other end of our block.(12) light green(13) Among vegetables, those most closely related to lowering the risk of heart disease were green , leafy vegetables.(14) the plant turned green(15) They probably went a little green around the gills and puked a bit.(16) If the government gave a tax break to green fuels, the price would go down.
(1) green beans :: berdeng bin
(2) green bean :: sitaw
(3) green pepper :: berdeng paminta
(4) green tea :: tsaang berde
(5) green eyes :: luntiang mata
(6) green light :: luntiang ilaw
(7) green salad :: berdeng salad
(8) green card :: Green card
1. viridescent ::
2. verdant ::
hindi pa sanay
5. unripe ::
6. unseasoned ::
8. pale ::
9. gullible ::
10. dark-green ::
itim na berdeng
11. foliage ::
12. park ::
14. environmentalist ::
15. jet ::
18. putting green ::
nilalagyan ng berde
1. barren ::
green, greened, greener, greenest, greening, greenly, greenness, greens
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And if someone gives you
GREEN eggs, it ends
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
Gentlemen, we have a GREEN light
from the prime minister.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
-Give me the GREEN light.
-"They’re going to execute them.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
Make more GREEN, man. A lot more.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
He was dressed
as a GREEN Orion slave girl.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
English to Filipino Dictionary: green
Meaning and definitions of green, translation in Filipino
language for green with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of green in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'green'
What green means in Filipino, green meaning
in Filipino, green
definition, examples and pronunciation
of green in Filipino language.