Noun(1) a member of the Union Army during the American Civil War(2) any federal law-enforcement officer
Adjective(1) national; especially in reference to the government of the United States as distinct from that of its member units(2) of or relating to the central government of a federation(3) being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War(4) characterized by or constituting a form of government in which power is divided between one central and several regional authorities
(1) Funding for the programs is shared between the federal government and the states.(2) At present, however, the federal government has no power to deploy troops unilaterally.(3) Many of these training programmes are provided free of charge by state and federal government agencies.(4) Drinking alcohol is theoretically illegal in India under the terms of the federal constitution.(5) Although the federal government has not challenged the ruling, it has failed to comply with it.(6) That said, the funds are unlikely to approach the level of transfers found in traditional federal systems.(7) Guinn's concerns have been supported by data collected by the federal government itself.(8) The fact that a matter might or might not give rise to a claim under federal jurisdiction does not constitute it as a claim.(9) This figure is nearly four times the number that the federal government admits.(10) The federal agency is best known for guiding judges to set consistent prison terms.(11) The prisons retain a federal connection to the central administration in Moscow.(12) Do you mean, what about regional devolution like that which might occur under a federal European government?(13) Because of the mix of state and federal responsibilities the politics of obesity are complex indeed.(14) The takeover of all branches of the federal government by the extreme right is now virtually complete.(15) It is a federal responsibility and for the States to intrude in a general way makes for uncertainty.(16) The Justice Department, an arm of the federal government, is now enforcing religious doctrine.
(1) federal government :: pederal na pamahalaan
(2) federal law :: pederal na batas
(3) federal funds :: pederal na pondo
(4) federal court :: pederal na hukuman
(5) federal state :: pederal na estado
(6) federal budget :: pederal na badyet
(7) federal agency :: pederal na ahensiya
(8) federal republic :: federal republic
(9) federal employee :: mga pederal na empleyado
(10) federal grants :: federal grant
1. union ::
2. federal official ::
mga pederal na opisyal
3. fed ::
federal, federalism, federalist, federalists, federalization, federalize, federalizes, federally, federals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
How nice. Maybe they can carpool
when they visit you in FEDERAL prison.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
Hacking into it is a FEDERAL crime.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 18
You know, the inside of our mailbox
is under FEDERAL jurisdiction,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
City, State, and Federal, he's spent
44 of the last 58 years inside.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
It's supposed to be FEDERAL, state,
and then city of Pasadena.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
English to Filipino Dictionary: federal
Meaning and definitions of federal, translation in Filipino
language for federal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of federal in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'federal'
What federal means in Filipino, federal meaning
in Filipino, federal
definition, examples and pronunciation
of federal in Filipino language.