tiyahin, ale, nana, inain
Noun(1) the sister of your father or mother; the wife of your uncle
(1) Years ago I met the elderly aunt of a friend, who told us about a frightening experience in her childhood.(2) she was brought up by her aunt and uncle(3) We spent our summers at our tiny pool or at the beach along the Caspian Sea with aunts , uncles and cousins.(4) Your parent would have no brothers or sisters and hence you couldn't have aunts or uncles, let alone cousins.(5) Families used to mean a father and mother, grandparents, and the children, and aunts and uncles and cousins.(6) Zoe recalls going to her grandparents for Christmas tea with all the aunts , uncles and cousins.(7) I have one sister and both of my parents are only children, so there are no aunts , uncles or cousins.(8) Our girls need their mothers and fathers, their aunts and uncles, but they need their big sisters too.(9) It was very important to this toddler to work out what relationship I had to his grandmother, his mother and his other aunts and uncles.(10) These are our grandmothers and aunts and uncles and fathers and sisters and cousins and close friends.(11) We know that, like her great aunts, she never married though she had many aunts and uncles who gave her 17 cousins.(12) While her husband survived, she lost her grandmother, her sister, a dozen aunts and uncles, and many cousins.(13) We thank all our aunts , uncles and cousins who stayed with our father during the evenings so that he would not be alone.(14) Female baboons tend to form the tightest bonds with their mothers, aunts , and sisters.(15) There is a great loyalty to one's immediate family and even beyond - to uncles, aunts , cousins, nieces and nephews.(16) I spent every summer vacation at my grandmother's house in Pune with several aunts and uncles and hordes of cousins.
(1) maternal aunt :: maternal tiyahin
(2) paternal aunt :: ama tiyahin
(3) agony aunt :: matinding paghihirap tiya
(4) aunt-in-law :: tita-in-law
2. auntie ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If I want to live
with him and with my AUNT.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
My AUNT and uncle were married 63 years.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
Rhaegar didn't kidnap my AUNT,
or rape her.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
For the record, you have excellent credit
and your diabetic AUNT...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 21
I'm getting married to your Aunt Lysa.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4
English to Filipino Dictionary: aunt
Meaning and definitions of aunt, translation in Filipino language for aunt with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of aunt in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "aunt"
What aunt means in Filipino, aunt meaning in Filipino, aunt definition, examples and pronunciation of aunt in Filipino language.