papel, tungkulin, tungkulin sa bahay
Noun(1) the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group(2) an actor's portrayal of someone in a play(3) what something is used for(4) normal or customary activity of a person in a particular social setting
(1) If you then look at these European films, these are films where the role of the director is much bigger.(2) Still, this has to be a role that every actress in Hollywood would surely have done anything to play.(3) At about the time of the Russian Revolution he had become interested in politics and in the role art could play in society.(4) Discuss the role of euphemisms in disguising something that is inherently bad.(5) In recent years, the 64 year-old mother of six took a pivotal community leadership role , promoting reconciliation.(6) He had a major zombie role in the film and was preparing for a big time attack scene later in the shoot.(7) she was in the lead role(8) For the role of the ventriloquist in Magic I got some training from a guy called Denis Allwood.(9) We talked a bit about art and writing and the role of artists and writers in society.(10) I'm working in a new role(11) religion plays a vital role in society(12) The finance office performs a vital role in the process - they have the money.(13) discuss the role of new media in social movements(14) She stopped everything to care for her mother and assumed the caregiver role in the domestic sphere.(15) she's working in a management role(16) Cohesion funding assumed a central role in budgetary politics in the late 1980s with the arrival of the Iberian states.
(1) role model :: role model
(2) leading role :: nangungunang papel
(3) supporting role :: sumusuporta sa papel
(4) role playing :: dula-dulaan
(5) play a role :: i-play ang isang papel
(6) pivotal role :: pibotal papel
(7) starring role :: starring role
(8) role reversal :: papel na ginagampanan pagkabaligtad
(9) role player :: tagaganap
(10) play the role of :: i-play ang papel na ginagampanan ng
1. part ::
2. capacity ::
3. purpose ::
4. character ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
do you play?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
we should think carefully
about Inspector Murillo’s ROLE.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
I think it's better
if you assume the male ROLE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
Clearly it would not be appropriate
for a woman to assume that ROLE.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
This is something I long ago came
to peace with in my ROLE as the beta male.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
English to Filipino Dictionary: role
Meaning and definitions of role, translation in Filipino language for role with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of role in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "role"
What role means in Filipino, role meaning in Filipino, role definition, examples and pronunciation of role in Filipino language.