kumalbit, pitasin, himulmulan, kalbitin, mamitas, pumitas, maghimulmol, kalabitin, pumupol, mamupol, pupulin, tugtugin, humila, labnutinlakas ng loob, tapang, katapangan, bayag
Noun(1) the trait of showing courage and determination in spite of possible loss or injury(2) the act of pulling and releasing a taut cord
Verb(1) pull or pull out sharply(2) sell something to or obtain something from by energetic and especially underhanded activity(3) rip off; ask an unreasonable price(4) pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion(5) strip of feathers(6) look for and gather
(1) And when I was here a few weeks ago, I met with a number of those families, and I was impressed by their pluck , their spirit.(2) Really need to pluck or get her eyebrows waxed or something.(3) At 73 June sings those lyrics with the same determined pluck as she did at 9, revealing an artist whose hopefulness proved as solid and indefatigable as her voice.(4) Bob used plenty of pluck and hard work to get started, and then he offered other businesses the chance to get started too.(5) With the help of a trusty pair of tweezers (the sharper, the better), pluck away at the hairs you want to eliminate.(6) President Reagan is showing an awful lot of pluck given this tragedy.(7) Put the pluck into cold salted water, boil, then skim and simmer for 1 hour.(8) What the Borders team lacked in class it made up for in pluck .(9) The son returns to be by his father's bedside, and finds that the old man has still a lot of pluck that he displays when his old friend turn up.(10) I watched her fingers pluck the strings gracefully, feeling her courage getting greater with the song.(11) Peter doubted the absolute truth of these statements, but he did not doubt the General's heart and his pluck .(12) While fast food restaurants require their workers to have a high school diploma, street vendors only need some cash and a bit of pluck to start up their business.(13) Wash the pluck and put in a pan of boiling water and boil for 1 hour.(14) Admiring her pluck and determination Clint reluctantly takes her on and a fascinating relationship of substitute father and daughter emerges.(15) it must have taken a lot of pluck to walk along a path marked ├ö├ç├┐Danger├ö├ç├û(16) For example, this time last year you highlighted the sheer day-to-day pluck and dedication of young carers in the borough.
(1) pluck up :: lakasan ang loob
(2) pluck out :: lakas ng loob
(3) to pluck :: pitasin
(4) pluck off :: mamitas off
(5) pluck up courage :: magpakatapang
1. courage ::
3. remove ::
5. deplume ::
mag-alis ng mga balahibo
6. strum ::
7. soak ::
8. cull ::
9. roll ::
10. plunk ::
kalabitin ang kuwerdas
11. pick off ::
pluck, plucked, pluckily, plucking, plucks, plucky
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Did I PLUCK a nerve there?
- Oh, yeah.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 4
You would cut off our legs,
PLUCK out our eyes,
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
English to Filipino Dictionary: pluck
Meaning and definitions of pluck, translation in Filipino language for pluck with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pluck in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "pluck"
What pluck means in Filipino, pluck meaning in Filipino, pluck definition, examples and pronunciation of pluck in Filipino language.