parirala, prase, kasabihanmaghanay
Noun(1) an expression consisting of one or more words forming a grammatical constituent of a sentence(2) a short musical passage(3) an expression whose meanings cannot be inferred from the meanings of the words that make it up(4) dance movements that are linked in a single choreographic sequence
Verb(1) put into words or an expression(2) divide, combine, or mark into phrases
(1) Soames looked him up and down before dismissing him with a pithy phrase from a great wartime leader.(2) Selim Palmgren's works for solo piano evoke a similar atmosphere, and somehow Finnish pianists understand perfectly how to phrase his music.(3) You can assess how much expression to give, and how to phrase the music in the absence of score markings.(4) his favourite phrase is ├ö├ç├┐it's a pleasure├ö├ç├û(5) Speculation is rife as to how Chen will phrase his words May 20 in a bid to ├ö├ç├┐square the circle├ö├ç├û of trying to keep China happy and at the same time not budging on the sovereignty issue.(6) It is my fault, I did not phrase the question correctly.(7) A note, a phrase , or a section of music has embodied meaning, because it points to and makes us expect another musical (not extramusical) event.(8) It's obligatory to have either a direct object or a preposition phrase with ├ö├ç├┐for├ö├ç├û.(9) it's important to phrase the question correctly(10) Though it may have been somewhat culturally insensitive or politically incorrect to use the phrase , the expression won't qualify as a racist slur.(11) Points will be awarded for two things: how obscure the connection is and how unusual the word or phrase you searched for is.(12) But you have tried to phrase your words in a more pleasant tone.(13) Infra dig is short for the Latin phrase infra dignitatem which means beneath one's dignity.(14) At the end of it all are words, pure and simple - and how you phrase those words and get across what you're saying is the most important thing.(15) Breathe naturally, lout slowly, silently repeating your focus word or phrase every time you exhale.(16) And the connection is a pithy phrase of Deputy Noonan's dating back to the 1987 election campaign.
(1) noun phrase :: pangngalan parirala
(2) prepositional phrase :: pariralang pang-ukol
(3) phrase book :: parirala libro
(4) verb phrase :: verb phrase
(5) adverbial phrase :: adverbial phrase
(6) set phrase :: set phrase
(7) key phrase :: key phrase
(8) stock phrase :: stock phrase
(9) catch-phrase :: catch-phrase
1. expression ::
2. group of words ::
grupo ng mga salita
3. construction ::
4. locution ::
5. term ::
6. turn of phrase ::
turn ng parirala
7. idiom ::
8. idiomatic expression ::
9. saying ::
10. tag ::
11. express ::
12. put into words ::
ilagay sa mga salita
13. put ::
14. word ::
15. style ::
16. formulate ::
17. couch ::
18. frame ::
19. articulate ::
bumigkas nang maliwanag
20. verbalize ::
phrase, phrased, phrases, phrasing, phrasings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and the only time I use
the PHRASE "my bitch,"
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
FYI, overuse of the PHRASE
"Oh, my God" is Number 12.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
I believe the PHRASE
"fuck the king" was uttered.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
You know, downward-facing dog comes from
the Sanskrit PHRASE adho mukha svanasana.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 19
You know what else is sexist,
the PHRASE "suck it,"
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 17
English to Filipino Dictionary: phrase
Meaning and definitions of phrase, translation in Filipino language for phrase with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of phrase in Filipino and in English
Tags for the entry "phrase"
What phrase means in Filipino, phrase meaning
in Filipino, phrase definition, examples and pronunciation
of phrase in Filipino language.