sampal, suntoksumuntok, sumampal
Noun(1) a piece of furniture that stands at the side of a dining room; has shelves and drawers(2) a meal set out on a buffet at which guests help themselves(3) usually inexpensive bar
Verb(1) strike against forcefully(2) strike, beat repeatedly
(1) Adding to the authenticity of the occasion will be a buffet dinner to serve as the wedding reception.(2) This unit had to be carefully installed to ensure a tight fit, but it also virtually eliminated the tail buffet .(3) But this blow was but a buffet with the hand, compared with the thunderbolt that fate was preparing to launch against my bosom.(4) Soothly, as he followed after me, I had a mind to turn about and deal him a buffet on the face, to see if I could but draw one angry word from him.(5) The restaurant had many Afghan, Indian and local dishes in their buffet range.(6) A buffet supper will be served and full bar facilities will be available.(7) We didn't have the typical wedding with bridesmaids, 200 guests and a mile-long buffet with an ice sculpture.(8) Guests were treated to a buffet style lunch to sample some of the cuisine with efficient and friendly service to match.(9) Tickets cost 20 Euro and the buffet will be served at 9.30 sharp.(10) Local residents enjoyed a champagne reception on arrival, a lavish buffet of hot and cold dishes all served with live piano music.(11) Ben moved to the buffet and withdrew several linen napkins.(12) That is always assuming that they can fit it all in after having been served up a full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and home-made cakes and canapÔö£┬«s.(13) He's an average man - not too bright, not over-ambitious - but is delighted to have a beautiful wife, May, who runs the station buffet .(14) After the show, guests enjoyed the buffet of Egyptian food which always tastes as good as it looks.(15) As an old fighter-pilot, I don't like buffet because sometimes it signals a pre-stall condition.(16) The best meal of the day was, without doubt, breakfast, which is served as a buffet , but is essentially a feast of 20 or so heaving tables offering more dishes than anyone could sample in a week.
(1) buffet car :: buffet car
(2) buffet breakfast :: Hinahain ang buffet breakfast
(3) buffet dinner :: buffet dinner
(4) buffet table :: buffet table
(5) buffet lunch :: buffet lunch
(6) buffet supper :: buffet sa hapunan
1. smorgasbord ::
2. sideboard ::
lalagyan ng pinggan
4. counter ::
5. batter ::
6. afflict ::
7. buff ::
buffet, buffeted, buffeting, buffetings, buffets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You know, for a Thanksgiving BUFFET in an
aquarium cafeteria, that was really bad.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 9
has a free BUFFET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 17
Last Supper Buffet.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 6
There's a whole BUFFET of women out there
and you're just standing in the corner...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 10
Yeah, well, I'm supposed to be in Vegas
throwing up on a shrimp BUFFET, give it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 23
English to Filipino Dictionary: buffet
Meaning and definitions of buffet, translation in Filipino language for buffet with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of buffet in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "buffet"
What buffet means in Filipino, buffet meaning in Filipino, buffet definition, examples and pronunciation of buffet in Filipino language.