hurisdiksyon, nasasakupan, kapangyarihan, saklaw, sakop, autoridad, nasasaklaw
- hurisdiksyonhurisdiksiyunalmga saklaw ng batas
Noun(1) (law(2) in law; the territory within which power can be exercised
(1) No evidence is before the court that any new appliance is under design or construction - or even in contemplation, within the jurisdiction .(2) the English court had no jurisdiction over the defendants(3) The magistrates declined jurisdiction of the case and committed the defendant for trial at the Crown Court.(4) As mayor of Los Angeles, Riordan had no official role or any jurisdiction over city schools.(5) the District of Columbia was placed under the jurisdiction of Congress(6) It is merely a document, which must be served within the jurisdiction under CPR part 6.5.(7) They say the new municipal boundaries will incorporate areas which are presently under their jurisdiction into urban areas.(8) Is there a threatened breach of contract within the jurisdiction ?(9) And for other breaches the Master can be fined if it is within the jurisdiction .(10) Many a writ in rem has been issued in the hope or expectation that the ship against which the plaintiff has brought his action will come within the jurisdiction .(11) It did not seek to assert jurisdiction over any person or any asset outside the territorial jurisdiction of the court.(12) But section 44 of the Judiciary Act expressly empowers us to remit things within our jurisdiction .(13) Due service within the jurisdiction depended on whether that defendant had at the time of service been domiciled in this country.(14) The pressures of determining jurisdiction and the limits of sovereignty is growing.(15) Last Friday, President Bush signed a bill modifying federal jurisdiction over class action law suits.(16) Unfortunately, they failed to fight the terrorist cells that grew in the area under their jurisdiction .
(1) criminal jurisdiction :: kriminal na hurisdiksyon
(2) appellate jurisdiction :: hurisdiksyon sa paghahabol
(3) original jurisdiction :: orihinal na hurisdiksyon
(4) personal jurisdiction :: personal na hurisdiksyon
1. authority ::
2. territory ::
3. legal power ::
legal na kapangyarihan
jurisdiction, jurisdictional, jurisdictions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
New Mexico's not
a retreat JURISDICTION.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
...but the Pasadena Police Department
doesn't have JURISDICTION in Pandora.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
You know, the inside of our mailbox
is under federal JURISDICTION,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
English to Filipino Dictionary: jurisdiction
Meaning and definitions of jurisdiction, translation in Filipino language for jurisdiction with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of jurisdiction in Filipino and in English language.
Tags for the entry "jurisdiction"
What jurisdiction means in Filipino, jurisdiction meaning in Filipino, jurisdiction definition, examples and pronunciation of jurisdiction in Filipino language.